PDA

View Full Version : Strange things your dog has pointed

Oscar
04-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Just wondered what weird and wonderful things your dogs have pointed that have suprised you.
My friends Visla pointed a tramp asleep in the bushes, bird got a bit of a shock when he bolted :grin:

Dan Bray
04-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Just wondered what weird and wonderful things your dogs have pointed that have suprised you.
My friends Visla pointed a tramp asleep in the bushes, bird got a bit of a shock when he bolted :grin:

I just laughed out load reading that. My mates dog pointed a big stone, then pegged it. The noise on his teeth wernt to nice but funny as hell.

TerryS
04-02-2011, 02:15 PM

They can be caught if the hawk gets him around the scrag and you make in quick !!

AnotherGos
04-02-2011, 02:29 PM
my britany pointed then flushed nothing came out but she did retrieve a vibrator:confused:

Gyr-SakerFalcon
04-02-2011, 03:56 PM
my britany pointed then flushed nothing came out but she did retrieve a vibrator:confused:

Bet the mrs was chuffed:lol:

Sean White
04-02-2011, 05:21 PM
One that comes to mind was whilst hunting a small sheep farm on Wenlock edge, Shropshire. Back then I worked a German Shorthaired with a small female German Gos.
This bitch was special, her nose and game finding abilty was something to witness, and at times her stubborn nature tested my patience..... I would try in vain to call her away from what I thought was a 'has been' only to be proved wrong.... time and time again !

She locked up nice and rigid alongside a hedgerow... but refused to pile in and flush - I pipped her on but she still wouldnt budge. I called her on several times but she still remained locked and static, she was a stubborn girl but when I think back to our time together, she was rarely wrong.

I went back a third time, and only when I really looked hard did I noticed a large dog fox looking down at me - Sitting bold as brass! 15 foot up in a willow tree. Nowhere to go but as cocky as a pig in muck.

I leashed her up and walked away.

Icarus Fell
04-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Apart from pointing a few wrens, which aren't that strange but I was quite impressed by, my Pointer's not pointed anything that wierd but she has had some cracking retrieves.
On three occasions she has brought back empty duck egg shells - without crushing them, a dried salmon head - that was lovely. And best of all, when she was maybe 4 months old she executed a perfect delivery of a full nappy. Good girl. :oops:

Redeye
04-02-2011, 06:12 PM
We used to live next a large area of MOD land used often by cadets for weekend training. The old vizsla (then a pup used to point the cadets when they thought they were well & truly hidden on manouveres.

Mick1212
04-02-2011, 06:17 PM
what was it a rampant rabbit lol

K.Daggers
04-02-2011, 07:49 PM
jasper on southport beach pointing a jellyfish