Falconry Forum (IFF)

Falconry Forum (IFF) (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   General Falconry & Bird Talk (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Bird trader!!! (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=127765)

Matty Bird 03-04-2013 12:12 PM

Bird trader!!!

I don't know how to get the link up but I think it's on the 4th page some geezer is asking for a free or cheap as possible gos. It really ticks me off. Why can't people save for these things instead of asking for freebies. How's he Gunna afford vets bills?! He also says he has 35 years experience and would prefer a European gos but still wants a free 1. I remember when I was 15 a guy I knew was selling a lugger falcon and I worked my butt off doing jobs for people so I could buy it.

Atb matty

The guys also got another ad on asking for free golden pheasants. Maybe he wants to feed them to the free gos he wants:roll:

Sue2 03-04-2013 05:01 PM

Re: Bird trader!!!

http://www.birdtrader.co.uk/wanted_g...of-Prey/358570

Is this the ad?

He is looking for a female gos and further down the same page he wants a male gos, both for free or really cheap. He is also looking for lory (?) to buy.

He is called Paul Toon fron the West Midlands

I feel the same Matty

atb
Sue

Matty Bird 03-04-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue2 (Post 1995842)
http://www.birdtrader.co.uk/wanted_g...of-Prey/358570

Is this the ad?

He is looking for a female gos and further down the same page he wants a male gos, both for free or really cheap. He is also looking for lory (?) to buy.

He is called Paul Toon fron the West Midlands

I feel the same Matty

atb
Sue

That's the 1 sue, just winds me up. Most of us have to save and work hard for our birds then this guy wants a free gos! But he's quite picky as he wants a free European! Surprised he ain't got the cheek to ask for a free albidus gos or finnish:roll: he's probably got thousands under his matress the tight git:wink:

Marion Harris 03-04-2013 05:38 PM

I am not sure why you lot look at birdtrader. Good birds are not sold on that site, and good falconers don't need to use it. So why wind yourselves up? Mx

Matty Bird 03-04-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marion Harris (Post 1995857)
I am not sure why you lot look at birdtrader. Good birds are not sold on that site, and good falconers don't need to use it. So why wind yourselves up? Mx

Hi Marion, I know that bird trader doesn't compare to say bird mart there are quite a few well known falconers from off here that have advertised there birds on bird trader( not naming any names:yawinkle: ) I have advertised equipment and books on there but not birds, I am not a breeder and believe that if you buy a bird then that bird should be with you all it's life:supz:

Atb matty

Derry Shaw 03-04-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marion Harris (Post 1995857)

I'm not proud of it but for one reason or another I have had a number of birds go through my hands and I've often sold them on bird trader. I don't think that makes me a lesser person than someone selling on Birdmart or Uk Falcons. I do think the site needs to be better moderated though. I mean why do we see ads for dogs and any other sundry one cares to think of, Atb Derry.

Marion Harris 03-04-2013 06:23 PM

Ok, fair enough. I didnt know it was used by good people too. Mx

RojanMews 03-04-2013 06:43 PM

there is some genuine people on bird trader but does have its fair share of idiots i bought a male harris for my girlfriend to start falconry with we were keen on this bird because of its size i was told he hunted at 1lb3 which would be ideal for my girlfriend we took the bird home and soon realised the bird was on deaths door !! because we flew him free for the first time at 1lb7 entered at 1lb7 1/2 and finished the season at 1lb9 1/2 how wrong could they have got his weight poor sod .

atb dale

FalconFred 03-04-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derry Shaw (Post 1995869)
I'm not proud of it but for one reason or another I have had a number of birds go through my hands and I've often sold them on bird trader. I don't think that makes me a lesser person than someone selling on Birdmart or Uk Falcons. I do think the site needs to be better moderated though. I mean why do we see ads for dogs and any other sundry one cares to think of, Atb Derry.

It certainly does not make you a lesser person Derry ..!! If you want to sell something , you have to advertise that fact to the relevant market.. Just because there are a few numpties both buying and selling birds on that site doesn't mean anything really in the grand scale of things.. That's life!! I bought a couple of decent birds off said site off decent guys.. Once off a very large reputable uk breeding establishment!!!

Atvb,

Gerard

Matty Bird 03-04-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RojanMews (Post 1995891)
there is some genuine people on bird trader but does have its fair share of idiots i bought a male harris for my girlfriend to start falconry with we were keen on this bird because of its size i was told he hunted at 1lb3 which would be ideal for my girlfriend we took the bird home and soon realised the bird was on deaths door !! because we flew him free for the first time at 1lb7 entered at 1lb7 1/2 and finished the season at 1lb9 1/2 how wrong could they have got his weight poor sod .

atb dale

At least the bird ended up in good hands mate, do you still have the bird and did he turn out to be a good bird?

Atb matty