Falconry Forum (IFF)

Falconry Forum (IFF) (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Non Falconry, Hobbies, Congratulations & Artwork (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Frieda (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=141172)

René 23-12-2016 06:24 AM

Frieda

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p/...9JSzFDZXUycXdR

Thought I'd show you the dog......six months now.:D

Hardcore Hawker 23-12-2016 07:28 AM

Re: Frieda

She has a lovely Kennel Rene! Australian Shepherd?

René 23-12-2016 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Hawker (Post 2150759)
She has a lovely Kennel Rene! Australian Shepherd?

Australian Cattle Dog and she sits where she pleases. :roll:

Chance 23-12-2016 09:08 AM

She's a cutie 😀

Ingo 23-12-2016 10:11 AM

A proper dog!

I've always fancied an ACD or Kelpie bred lurcher myself :grin:

Barry 23-12-2016 10:16 AM

I saw a Blue Heeler working for a USDA trapper in Wyoming in 2004, and was very impressed. I have been fascinated by them ever since. I would be keen to hear more of your experiences, and perhaps chat directly if you ever have the time?
Barry

Shaun Bannister 23-12-2016 11:36 AM

very nice rene

happy Christmas to you ,your family and the dog x :lol:

I Love My Dog 23-12-2016 12:32 PM

Very nice

René 23-12-2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry (Post 2150766)
I saw a Blue Heeler working for a USDA trapper in Wyoming in 2004, and was very impressed. I have been fascinated by them ever since. I would be keen to hear more of your experiences, and perhaps chat directly if you ever have the time?
Barry

There's something entrancing about the breed, for sure. I've never forgotten the ones I've seen and have planned to have one for years. After a lifetime of bull breeds and an additional sixteen years of Lurchers I was ridiculously confident about my ability to cope with whatever a 'dingo' would throw at me. LoL. But she's damn hard, in every sense of the word and totally unforgiving of any mistakes in training. The single minded loyalty for which they're renowned is not given easily and you have to prove yourself worthy of it. She's like a Sherman tank on nitro.:lol: If it crosses your mind to get one then you surely do live in a place that would suit because this breed will cope with whatever terrain and mileage you throw at it. But this is my first one and only for a few months and so I can't claim any expertise with the breed nor any previous experience with herding breeds. Still n'all, she's worth every minute spent with her (well pretty much all my time actually) and anything I can share that would be helpful you're more than welcome to.

Barry 30-11-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by René (Post 2150784)
There's something entrancing about the breed, for sure. I've never forgotten the ones I've seen and have planned to have one for years. After a lifetime of bull breeds and an additional sixteen years of Lurchers I was ridiculously confident about my ability to cope with whatever a 'dingo' would throw at me. LoL. But she's damn hard, in every sense of the word and totally unforgiving of any mistakes in training. The single minded loyalty for which they're renowned is not given easily and you have to prove yourself worthy of it. She's like a Sherman tank on nitro.:lol: If it crosses your mind to get one then you surely do live in a place that would suit because this breed will cope with whatever terrain and mileage you throw at it. But this is my first one and only for a few months and so I can't claim any expertise with the breed nor any previous experience with herding breeds. Still n'all, she's worth every minute spent with her (well pretty much all my time actually) and anything I can share that would be helpful you're more than welcome to.

How are you getting on with that Heeler René?
Barry.