Falconry Forum (IFF)

Falconry Forum (IFF) (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/index.php)
-   Pursuit Hawking (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   RC Planes and Falconry. (http://www.falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=126171)

Tom Jerry 22-01-2013 08:10 AM

RC Planes and Falconry.
 
Those out there using a RC plane in your falconry, lets learn frrom another and please share on this thread. I'm still a rookie with the plane and the technique but find in useful especially for eyasses.

I fully understand some will have a stiff lip with the concept, but hell some still struggle to get over the kite.

Here is the dogfight angle. First flight with the camera mounted will have to make some adjustments.

https://vimeo.com/57876639


Regards
Anton

SWMerlins 22-01-2013 04:23 PM

Re: RC Planes and falconry.
 
:supz: Nice dogfight! Do you use a parachute on the bait/lure Anton or simply let the bird fly to the ground with it's prize?

How long until we see your fighter pilots in action on game?

Little Joe 22-01-2013 04:28 PM

Re: RC Planes and falconry.
 
Can anyone shed light on when this was invented?

Are you reading, Griff?

Regards,
Jannes

Tom Jerry 22-01-2013 05:01 PM

Re: RC Planes and falconry.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SWMerlins (Post 1971174)
:supz: Nice dogfight! Do you use a parachute on the bait/lure Anton or simply let the bird fly to the ground with it's prize?
No just a piece of baler twine, a spring wire v on the one side for the release and a pigeon leg on the other. They usually go down towards and close to the vehicle even if they catch the bait high.

How long until we see your fighter pilots in action on game?

Don't worry this is just a means to an end - hunting. I have caught a few small birds but it is still to hot. Another month or so.

Thanks for the interest.

Cheers
anton

Maverick 22-01-2013 05:54 PM

Re: RC Planes and falconry.
 
Very interesting method, i spoke recently to Alan Harvey about this method and he said he was having great success with it with his peregrine minors.
Thanks for sharing.
Kevin

Pearl 22-01-2013 05:56 PM

Re: RC Planes and falconry.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Jerry (Post 1970997)
Those out there using a RC plane in your falconry, lets learn frrom another and please share on this thread. I'm still a rookie with the plane and the technique but find in useful especially for eyasses.

I fully understand some will have a stiff lip with the concept, but hell some still struggle to get over the kite.

Here is the dogfight angle. First flight with the camera mounted will have to make some adjustments.

https://vimeo.com/57876639


Regards
Anton

looked good to me anton nice video mate :supz:

Tom Jerry 22-01-2013 06:09 PM

Re: RC Planes and falconry.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick (Post 1971239)
Very interesting method, i spoke recently to Alan Harvey about this method and he said he was having great success with it with his peregrine minors.
Thanks for sharing.
Kevin

Hi Kevan

Yes Alan has mastered this as a training aid already, he use combat wings. Smaller, tougher and cheaper. But once you stick your head in the RC world you see it is actually not expensive and simple, at least the levels that I'm using. Learn to fly the plane in the off-season and you are set for the season.

Cheers
Anton

Tom Jerry 22-01-2013 06:27 PM

Re: RC Planes and falconry.
 
Here is one for the critics. Best to watch with full volume. :supz:
https://vimeo.com/57955560

Pearl 22-01-2013 06:27 PM

Re: RC Planes and falconry.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Jerry (Post 1971261)
Here is one for the critics. Best to watch with full volume. :supz:

no link mate :D


oops just seen it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Jerry (Post 1971261)
Here is one for the critics. Best to watch with full volume. :supz:
https://vimeo.com/57955560

pmsl :supz:

Tom Jerry 22-01-2013 06:32 PM

Re: RC Planes and falconry.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pearl (Post 1971263)
no link mate :D


oops just seen it

Motor teared loose from fuselage, but it flew again the next day. It took me as long to fix it as winding down a kite line.:)


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.