Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > What is your County, Province or State? > Europe

Old 16-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Brancher

Default Re: munich-germany!!!!

Thanx a lot m8!!!i ll be there at 14 of january!!!
Old 20-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Egg

Default Germany near Hamburg

Hi everybody, just wondering if anyone is flying around hamburg area in Germany.

I'm currently living in Switzerland, but may have the opportunity to take a job in hamburg, at the moment due to regulations in Switzerland it's impossible for me to have a bird and I miss falconry like crazy..if anyone could give me some advice on laws in Germany and licenses, what species are allowed to be flown and at what quarry etc it would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks a lot and atb. Ben
Old 20-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Egg

Default AW: Germany near hamburg

Hallo Ben,
I live close to HH if you aint got a Falconers schein its looking bleak, when in HH you can come out with me any time.
Old 20-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Egg

Default Re: Germany near hamburg

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your reply. I don't have a falconry schein at all. I have never lived in Germany. Is it hard to get?..I would love to meet you when I'm in hamburg..I'm coming next week and might have a day free.

Ben
Old 20-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Juan De Marcken
Passage

Maybe you could contact barbary06 in this forum a very good falconer as well as a great guy.
Old 23-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Egg

Hi nebli.

Is that barbaryhawking06?

I don't have enough posts to private message him hopefully he will see this post.

Thanks guys for the help.

If anyone can tell me what the laws and regulations are in germany it would be a great help. For example here in switzerland it's very tough to get licence and people generally have gos or peregrines.

Thanks

Ben
Old 23-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Dave
Passage

Why is it so tough to get licence?
Old 23-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Banned
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFlyer View Post
why is it so tough to get licence?
Dave I lived out there for nearly 6 years, if you speak fluent German it should take anything from 6 to 18 months to qualify for Jagdshein then Falconshein. You need to qualify as a hunter (Jagdshein) then as a Falconer. Its also pretty expensive to go through the courses required 1500 to 3000 euros in total I think some guys paid.

I was lucky enough to go through the Military system which a huge 3 days and 100 euros to complete, either way at least once you've completed the courses you have a very good idea of what you can and can't hunt and when you can hunt them, as well as being able to identify pretty much everything you can hunt, from small birds and mammals all the way up to the largest mammals.
So all in all very time and money consuming for those who live in the country (unless British Military)

Also Ben if you get the chance to get out with Ronnie (Albidus) do so, he started me off as a falconer and as honest a bloke a you'd ever want to meet.

ATB

Alex
Old 23-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Egg

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot, yes I figured it would be similar in Germany. However, if I do end up there then I would say it'd a good investment in time and money really. I think to be honest Germany and Switzerland have the right idea. Too many birds are lost and killed in uk due to starting falconry on a whim with no knowledge. My old mentor Keith hollingworth told me of a guy that free lofted his new FRT with his daughters barn owl then was surprised to discover the consequences this type of thing shouldn't happen.

I would absolutely love to meet Ronnie. I hope he reads the thread again becausei can't private message. I will be in hamburg next week..I'm a musician and play with the orchestra there...

All the best and thanks guys..
Ben
Old 23-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Banned
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregorB View Post
Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot, yes I figured it would be similar in Germany. However, if I do end up there then I would say it'd a good investment in time and money really. I think to be honest Germany and Switzerland have the right idea. Too many birds are lost and killed in uk due to starting falconry on a whim with no knowledge. My old mentor Keith hollingworth told me of a guy that free lofted his new FRT with his daughters barn owl then was surprised to discover the consequences this type of thing shouldn't happen.

I would absolutely love to meet Ronnie. I hope he reads the thread again becausei can't private message. I will be in hamburg next week..I'm a musician and play with the orchestra there...

All the best and thanks guys..
Ben
Ben

I speak to Ron fairly often, will be speaking to him this weekend so will make sure he reads it.

Best of luck in Germany.

Alex