Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FALCONRY HUNTING & HAWKING DISCUSSIONS > Dogs & Ferrets

Old 17-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Wayne - Formerly DogManDango
Passage

Default Stolen Dogs

around me a few dogs keep going missing and over the past few years ther has been an incress in dog theft

over the last few weeks i have lost count on how many dog actully have gon missing but one dog that was free to good home springs to mind the dog was adretised on face book and my mrs showed it me lovely cross bred and 3 days later ther was a photo back up of the same dog it was rehomed but was not a loveing home it ended up being used to train fighting dogs on i was astonished the dog was a mess and if it had been sold im shure it would be in a loveing home

over the years we have blamed travles ect for stealing dogs but is it travelers or just scum

question to you is what do you think happens to most stolen dogs and do you know of any that were found i know alex b got his back any one else

Atb wayne
Old 17-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Gareth Williams
Passage

Default Re: Stolen dogs

I know of one at west lancs gundogs, cocker pup was stolen and was missing for months, believed to be travellers. The owner bought another dog after giving up hope only to recieve a call from a vets in Chester a good few months later, he was reunited with his dog to find it in poor condition. The amazing thing was his dog was called Chester, found on Chester rd in Chester.
I planned to keep my cockers outside but due to the increase in dog theft decided not to. A good dog is worth it's weight in gold. You only have to read the back of some editorials to realise how much this happening.
Atb
Gaz
Old 17-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Ross
Brancher

Where I am there take anything that aint bolted down complete and utter *******
Old 17-04-2012, 08:45 PM
Vernon Brown
Passage

last year a mate of mine had his two terriers nicked by some gypos.
it took him a cpl of months for some one to find them.
He had to pay ú1.100 to get them back. a grand for the dogs back plus ú100 for the gypo that knew where they were.
Old 17-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Matt Clifton formerly Plum
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernon View Post
last year a mate of mine had his two terriers nicked by some gypos.
it took him a cpl of months for some one to find them.
he had to pay ú1.100 to get them back. a grand for the dogs back plus ú100 for the gypo that knew where they were.
That is the main reason dogs are stolen in this country ones with a contact number on theirr coalers ring up i m want x amount meet here for xchange or working type dog people wantr to use for themselfs i have a lovely pair of european rotties i imported and they come out of the kennel at 10pm every night i would not keep a dog in a kennel if i did not have them atb matt
Old 18-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Jeff
Passage

My mate had his dog stolen,it was used for breeding then dumped on the street,the police said it goes on a lot with certain dogs
Old 18-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Egg

Default Re: Stolen Dogs

Quote:
question to you is what do you think happens to most stolen dogs and do you know of any that were found
Various things happen to these dogs and never with a good outcome. There have been breeds stolen for their rarity, breeds stolen for their working ability (normally preceded by someone asking way to many questions on your dogs age, sex and whether it works and how well - tell thm they are spade and bl**dy useless) and just other dogs that make good stock for puppy farms.
Pikeys are only one source that do this kind of thing and to be fair its not all so its unfair to tarnish them all with the same brush but they dont help themselves.

As previously said and to which all agree these people are scumbags, whatever walk of life, and if only life were fair they would be mauled to death by the dog they stole.
There have been cases local to myself of people walking their dogs and the dog being called by a distant person who then makes off with it.

The only way this practise will be stopped is to make it not worth while monetarily, i.e. if you know of a dog fight report it, if you know someone who can get you a cheap dog "no questions asked govenor" report it and hassle the cops about it.
Or instead of just microchipped (you should do this anyway) maybe a cheap reliable, waterproof GPS tracker built into the chip

And yes some that were found roaming the streets skinny and abused and others in black plastic bags. Very very sad society that allows this to happen.
Old 18-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Kevin Shone
Passage

My girlfriends dad had a ****-zu stollen just as she was coming into season. the dog was dumped back in his front garden afew months later vets had said she had a phanthom pregnancy so at least they never got the pups they were after lol. the dog was also in a terrible mess when they got it back.
also know a lad who had a saluki cross stolen 1 night after acouple of gypos had been asking questions that day. they must have followed him home. it was never seen again.

Wayne ive just took on a patterdale that somebody had paid ú500 for then just left it penned up when he come here he was very matted so we shaved him and he was a bag of bones. so selling a dog even for top money doesnt mean its going to a good home some people have just got more money than sense.

Atb kevin
Old 18-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Grant
Passage

i had my springer and my lakie both taken from my garden a good few years back and recieved a call to say they were in a junkies garden not far from me playing ... i drove up with the jeep and right enough they were there .. shouted them and they came running into the back of the jeep secure and grabbed the baseball bat ...... well it never happened again ... ive never had hastle since