Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > RAPTOR BREEDERS & BREEDING > Imprints, Hybrids & Hacking Processes

Old 04-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Duane Skuce
Passage

Default Another First for S&S Falconry

Ladies and Gents, I maybe jumping the gun here, but they did it again, a Harris/Bonellies Eagle hybrid, first of its kind on the planet. It has gamehawk, fur or feather written all over it with an attitude. This downy was just banded and has massive feet. I think its a female from the foot size, surrogate raised, so at best a partial imprint. If I had the money & health with game available, I'd snap this bird up in a second. Anyone interested, better contact S&S Falconry or Steve Shute, Simon Etherington in Ontario Canada. This bird wont be available for long trust me.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Matt
Brancher

Default Re: Another First for S&S Falconry

I don't think there has been a falconry bird in history that didn't have larger than average feet.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:34 PM
Duane Skuce
Passage

Default Re: Another First for S&S Falconry

This bird is different trust me, under a good game hawker it will prove to be a superb bird, under a demonstration, collective bird it will never see its potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty18714 View Post
I don't think there has been a falconry bird in history that didn't have larger than average feet.
You compare its feet to a large female Harris or a male golden, at that age. In fact ask what size of band was needed for that age .
Point is it has major potential for a game hawker in the right terrain with lots of game.

These guys are innovative, think out side the box and breed awesome birds. Quality is costly, experimentation, much more so for when if you want a world original.