Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > NON FALCONRY TOPICS > Photography, Equipment, Reviews & Tutorials

Old 26-08-2015, 07:07 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

Default Action Cameras

Hi Everyone

I've noticed the use of action cameras with birds and animals in general. The cameras themselves haven't been around for long but have advanced so quickly, the most recognised being GoPro. I would like to create this thread for everyone to share footage of birds in action captured from such cameras, whether it be their own or a video found from another website. Please feel free to post any videos that have been captured using action cameras onto this thread, thanks in advance for any contributions.

To kick things off, I found this one posted on YouTube from GoPro of a Golden Eagle soaring over a Mongolian mountain range. Decent footage and great scenery to be flying over, perfect combination.

NOTE: All videos that I post shall be taken from YouTube, unless stated.

Happy Hawking

Bradley

Old 03-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Bradley Church
Passage

Default Re: Action Cameras

Thought it would be a good time to post the next instalment of this thread and this one's a must watch. Not only do they swoop up a new Guinness World Record (Highest release of a bird on a man-made structure) but capture some of the best views of Dubai from an action camera attached to a Female Imperial Eagle! This bird was cast off the top of the Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building. With an accompanying explanation from the Falconer, and also a long climb, this produces an informative and stunning capture of what life is like for an Eagle over Dubai. This one is using an action camera from Sony who arranged the experiment. Hope you enjoy!

Regards

Bradley