Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > NON FALCONRY TOPICS > Photography, Equipment, Reviews & Tutorials

Old 29-09-2014, 02:48 PM
Joycey
Passage

Talking GoPro Head cam

Hi, Does anyone or has anyone used a gopro while out hunting there birds, if so what is the best setting to have it on, the reason im asking is ive taken mine out a couple of times now and carnt seem to get it right, don't get me wrong its a wicked bit of kit, i have the silver 3+, but when im playing my videos back at home the picture looks like im looking into a gold fish bowl, if you know what i mean, the quality is excellent and crystal clear it just looks a bit funny. could someone help me out please.. Atb Chris

Last edited by Chris Joyce; 29-09-2014 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 29-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Egg

Default Re: GoPro Head cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Joyce View Post
Hi, Does anyone or has anyone used a gopro while out hunting there birds, if so what is the best setting to have it on, the reason im asking is ive taken mine out a couple of times now and carnt seem to get it right, don't get me wrong its a wicked bit of kit, i have the silver 3+, but when im playing my videos back at home the picture looks like im looking into a gold fish bowl, if you know what i mean, the quality is excellent and crystal clear it just looks a bit funny. could someone help me out please.. Atb Chris
Hi Chris set it to medium sounds like you have it set on wide, full HD at 30 frames per second should be better.
Old 29-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Joycey
Passage

Thanks for that il try it, so do I leave it on 30fps and full hd but just change it to medium?
Old 29-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Mark Brown
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Joyce View Post
Thanks for that il try it, so do I leave it on 30fps and full hd but just change it to medium?
Or you could set the fos to a higher rate to capture the flights and the kill on slow motion, I use a hero 3 black with a head strap when hunting my gos, awesome it is to.
Mark
Old 29-09-2014, 09:30 PM
John formerly It's Alright Ma
Haggard

Worth downloading the free Gopro studio software - allows you to modify quite a bit without ruining it. Well, you could still ruin it if you wanted to, but who would
Old 30-09-2014, 07:14 AM
Joycey
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneHawking View Post
Or you could set the fos to a higher rate to capture the flights and the kill on slow motion, I use a hero 3 black with a head strap when hunting my gos, awesome it is to.
Mark
Cheers GoneHawking, what higher rate do you use? what are the settings that you use if you dont mind, il try that, and how do you see the footage on slow mo? its all new to me this, sorry if the Q's are silly..... Thanks again...
Old 30-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Darren
Passage

I was looking at getting a gopro but which one to go for, to confuse even more just had an email about the release of the hero 4!
Any thoughts?
Old 23-01-2015, 10:13 PM
Mark Brown
Passage

Hi, standard pal frame rate is 25fps, so if you set it to 50fps you would get 1/2 speed when played back on a 25fps timeline, even easier you could retime within the software, I use Final Cut Pro x, it is always better to shoot higher fps native ie: on the camera, smoother shots. Hero 3 or hero 4, both great cameras, I use a head strap, it's great footage.