Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > Mentors, Courses & Apprenticeships > Devon

Old 27-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Hi There Andrea,
I'm looking forward to meeting you, I've heard many good things about you and your Falcon.
Our Falconry Group here in Torbay are soon going to perhaps meet say once a month in a drink, and smoke free location near Brixham.
This will give us all a chance to meet up and chat over a civilised cup of coffee or tea.
Sounds boring I expect to some, but chatting about the birds and falconry is what it's all about.
Albie..
Faboulose!!
I hope that what you hear about me were not lies!!!Jokes apart...I am looking forward to meet with people like you that like to seat down and exchange experiences about falconry.
If it is ok for you, I can send you a PM to with my mobile number and from there we can organize something.

Cheers
Andrea
Old 28-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Chick

Angry Falconry in Torquay

Hey,
where are you guys???
Is it so difficult to meet eachother????
Will wait for news!!!

Andrea
Old 29-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Passage

Why not join the British Falconers Club and go to the many field meets held around the southwest, you will meet many like minded people then.

Col
Old 29-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Arthur
Passage

Default my gang my gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestellini View Post
Hey,
where are you guys???
Will wait for news!!!

Andrea
Don't worry they'll be sniffin around ...
(*v*) ...
Old 29-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestellini View Post
Hey,
where are you guys???
Will wait for news!!!

Andrea
Exmouth
Old 30-09-2006, 07:18 AM
Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Colin View Post
Why not join the British Falconers Club and go to the many field meets held around the southwest, you will meet many like minded people then.

Col
Yes. It is a good idea but you come too late!In fact I am in touch with them but I did not yet subscribe the association because I am still thinking about it.
Flying birds is a passion that require basically two things:
a)A good bird (it is not necessary the best one that you can find on the market but a bird that can let you enjoy evrytime all the moments that you are outside in the field)
b)Good company(and my tought is toward people that are not making any competition but are there to help or give advices and at the end of the day share a meal or a drink talking about something that few human beings can really appreciate.....Falconry)

Call me an idealist. But my concept of falconry is this one. I am not discussing clubs or organization, but that is something bundaried and, in my personal experience, useful but still too official. I like to share and exchange experiences but the group should be smaller and with people that have the same sight. I repeat, clubs are nice and fundamental for falconry but it is better to have smaller group.

This is only an idea, but if there is no interest......I don't mind, at the end of the day the most importand drive is pleasure and fun, if you don't have it.......I will meet you somewhere!!!!

Thanks
Andrea
Good falconry and hawking to everybody
Old 30-09-2006, 07:45 AM
Passage

Stick around, since I have been a member of this and another site I have so far been to the original IFF birthday bash, different bash same venue for the other site, I also know a couple of others have been arranged, also lots of people meet at the Falconry Fair, and a few of us are going to scotland to do abit of hawking. It takes time to set up friendships in Falconry as everyone is different with only one thing in common, but it's not impossible.

If you want to arrange something in Devon, just let me know and I will try my best to be there, after all if I can go to scotland to meet and hawk with some friends, then it's not impossible to meet up in Devon.

Colin
Old 30-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Arthur
Passage

Default willingly

Heyah Andrea,
there probably isn't a reluctance to meet (let's face it .. any reason to get out with the BoP. )
It maybe be just getting sorted from the established 'daily' things ..
You'll probably find some one will call you at ' the drop of a hat '..
I 'downed tools' to rush out yesterday.. if i hadn't the offer may not have come again ..
conditions in this area change dramatically..
(*v*) ...
Old 30-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGEE View Post
Heyah Andrea,
there probably isn't a reluctance to meet (let's face it .. any reason to get out with the BoP. )
I 'downed tools' to rush out yesterday.. if i hadn't the offer may not have come again ..
(*v*) ...
Yes you are right. But personally I try to do my best to go outside and organize myself to fly and meet people(I am a psychiatrist and as you could probably have understood it is not always easy to find time, but I do my best because of falconry!).I am not judging anybody and I don't want to force anybody, I would like only to have time to meet people with different experience and possibly after fly in the same place to share good days for hawking and falconry.
Tomorrow I will fly in Torquay after lunch and if there is anybody interested I will give my number. Me and Paul we are using the kite to improve my tiercel's streghts.
All the best!
Andrea
Old 30-09-2006, 10:55 AM
Arthur
Passage

Default far for me !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGEE View Post
Heyah Andrea,
(*v*) ...
far from me to say that you should drop everything
.. (assuming it's the Paul we know & despite having been invited up there previously) i think if he wanted us up there he would say ..
......maybe a drive bye just to 'show'..
yesss .. you are a 'tricyclist' your profile says ..
bye for now ,
(*v*) ...