Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SPONSORSHIP & COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING > GAMEHAWK DESIGNS

Old 30-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Passage

Default Re: Pineo Braided Jess sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony James View Post
Nearing the end of another season's use of these Pineo jesses, swivels and leashes, I'd just like to comment on how wonderful they are.

Many thanks,

Tony.
What happened to tradition? You traitor.

Adam
Old 30-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHawks View Post
45quid wonderful!
Hi Andy,

indeed, ú45 wonderful.

There's no getting away from the fact they're not cheap, and throw a titanium swivel into the mix and it becomes a whole lot more daunting, but, and I don't say this lightly, it's been money well spent.

I've always made my own kangaroo skin jesses in the past, and very nice ones at that, but, having used and been so impressed with these, I can't quite see when I'll be needing them again.

If you have a birthday coming up, see if you can twist somebody's arm into getting you some.
I'm sure you'd be as impressed.

Best wishes,

Tony.
Old 30-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Midge
Passage

My hawk also uses these setups never had any feather damage worth every penny in my opinion,I really like the swivels too!
Old 30-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Norrie View Post
What happened to tradition? You traitor.

Adam
I know mate!

I'll try to remember to take a picture of my falcon with Doug's braided jesses etc, as well as the anklets she's now wearing courtesy of Fran Bolinches, who kindly engraved a pair for me to try.

Tradition? Pah! I'm a modern man Adam, keen to keep up to date.
Anyway, must dash, I've got to service my remote controlled plane's lure release system
Old 30-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Kevin Riach - BFC Mid West region
Passage

Tony..Never ceased to amaze me,, the amount of money expended on Mews.. Hawk, Telemetry, 4X4..and family battles! the whole lot relying on a piece of string, and some rotting leather!! at this present moment in time.. there really is nothing better, till our good friends from across the pond come up with another revalation..
Old 30-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Paul Davis
Passage

I got a couple of sets of braided jesses with leash an extender from Zoe jones
ú14 set and still going strong

Paul
But I still like roo leather
Old 30-01-2013, 06:50 PM
Andy
Haggard

Quote:
Hi Andy,

indeed, ú45 wonderful.

There's no getting away from the fact they're not cheap, and throw a titanium swivel into the mix and it becomes a whole lot more daunting, but, and I don't say this lightly, it's been money well spent.

I've always made my own kangaroo skin jesses in the past, and very nice ones at that, but, having used and been so impressed with these, I can't quite see when I'll be needing them again.

If you have a birthday coming up, see if you can twist somebody's arm into getting you some.
I'm sure you'd be as impressed.

Best wishes,

Tony.
Yeah can see where your coming from! But don't you think with a lot of their stuff ya paying for the name! I'm useing rob Shirley's braid at moment and find that great to be honest! It's not about the money 45 quid for something what will last years isn't bad! What's that swivel like? Only ever used the d flat topped ones from Martin jones
Old 30-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Kevin Riach - BFC Mid West region
Passage

Andy.. its one of those things you have to just try.. Doug made them to 1 prevent the enercia of swivel jump between the jesses.. and 2 not to lock when 1 jess slides down over the swivel..Sadly he couldnt do anything about how you feel, when you lose 1...
Old 30-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHawks View Post
Yeah can see where your coming from! But don't you think with a lot of their stuff ya paying for the name! I'm useing rob Shirley's braid at moment and find that great to be honest! It's not about the money 45 quid for something what will last years isn't bad! What's that swivel like? Only ever used the d flat topped ones from Martin jones
Hi Andy,

over the years I've used various alternatives, and always strived to recognise the best available option and use it.
When I think I've been introduced to something that may be better than what I'm already using, I'll make tentative efforts to find out if it really is.
I've used countless alternatives over the years, and in relation to swivels I thought Martin's flat topped ones were as good as they got. I bought quite a few of them to be sure I would never be without. And then I was introduced to Doug's titanium swivels as pictured at the start of this thread, and have to say there is no comparison. If only the price were the same.

Best wishes,

Tony.
Old 30-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Passage

Quote:
I know mate!

I'll try to remember to take a picture of my falcon with Doug's braided jesses etc, as well as the anklets she's now wearing courtesy of Fran Bolinches, who kindly engraved a pair for me to try.

Tradition? Pah! I'm a modern man Adam, keen to keep up to date.
Anyway, must dash, I've got to service my remote controlled plane's lure release system
Next you will be telling me you have adopted to free loft your falcon instead of using those stringy things

Adam