Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > Mentors, Courses & Apprenticeships > Hampshire

Old 22-09-2013, 09:51 AM
Brancher

Default Mentor in hampshire.

Hi, my name's Craig and I live in the Portsmouth area. I've been interested in birds all my life, particularly birds of prey. I would've have really liked to have taken up the hobby/sport of falconry at an earlier age, although unfortunately this was not possible to due the normal commitments of work, kids, finances etc. I'm now 52, settled and with more time on my hands, and feel the time is right for me to pursue a love of mine. I've had a couple of days at falconry centres and these have further fired my interest. I would love to get further involved and what I'm really looking for is a mentor who would be happy for me to tag along and learn as much as possible before entertaining buying my own bird (I'm quite happy to just shut up and listen). I'm also happy to share fuel costs and stump up for a breakfast/lunch. Hope to hear from one of you guys soon. I'd also appreciate any info on clubs local to myself.
Regards, Craig
Old 22-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Steve Williams
Passage

Default Re: Mentor in hampshire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckyboy View Post
Hi, my name's Craig and I live in the Portsmouth area. I've been interested in birds all my life, particularly birds of prey. I would've have really liked to have taken up the hobby/sport of falconry at an earlier age, although unfortunately this was not possible to due the normal commitments of work, kids, finances etc. I'm now 52, settled and with more time on my hands, and feel the time is right for me to pursue a love of mine. I've had a couple of days at falconry centres and these have further fired my interest. I would love to get further involved and what I'm really looking for is a mentor who would be happy for me to tag along and learn as much as possible before entertaining buying my own bird (I'm quite happy to just shut up and listen). I'm also happy to share fuel costs and stump up for a breakfast/lunch. Hope to hear from one of you guys soon. I'd also appreciate any info on clubs local to myself.
Regards, Craig
Hi Craig
come along to the Wessex group BFC we meet at the Hawk Conservancy Trust this Thursday 7-00 for a 7-30 start .
I am sure you will find the meeting warm and friendly and the help you are looking for.

Kind regards Steve
Old 23-09-2013, 10:03 AM
Brancher

Hi Steve.thanks for your reply/info,unfortunately thurs is the only dodgy day for me as i visit my mum and normally take her out for something to eat(gotta look after your old mum!!!)where is the place you suggested?...regards...craig...ps will try and change her day!!!
Old 23-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Johnny Brine
Passage

It's the Hawk Conservancy, near Andover.
Old 27-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Gavin
Brancher

Hi, I've just joined IFF and I've been looking for a local group to join for a while. I've been mad about falconry for years but I want more knowledge and experience first before I do anything.... Does anyone know if this club still meets at the Hawk Conservancy, and if so when? Would love to meet a few like minded people if I could... Thanks
Old 27-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Brancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavFryer View Post
Hi, I've just joined IFF and I've been looking for a local group to join for a while. I've been mad about falconry for years but I want more knowledge and experience first before I do anything.... Does anyone know if this club still meets at the Hawk Conservancy, and if so when? Would love to meet a few like minded people if I could... Thanks
Last Thursday of the month. eg: tomorrow 7pm
Old 27-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Gavin
Brancher

That's great thanks. I'll give it a go in that case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk