Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > NON FALCONRY TOPICS > Non Falconry, Hobbies, Congratulations & Artwork

Old 24-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Rob Punch
Passage

Default Threats to Hunting in Ireland

The pseudo conservation movement in Southern Ireland known as the green party is making strenuous efforts to have anti-hunting legislation introduced here. An organization called RISE (Rural Ireland Says Enough) has been formed and is mounting a vigorous campaign to defend our rights and I would like to ask that they be supported, for what we see now is but the thin edge of the wedge.
Old 24-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Passage

Default Re: Threats to hunting in Ireland

Good luck guys. Fight it with all you have.
Old 24-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Pete
Haggard

As above
Old 24-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Kennelre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertie View Post
The pseudo conservation movement in Southern Ireland known as the green party is making strenuous efforts to have anti-hunting legislation introduced here. An organization called RISE (Rural Ireland Says Enough) has been formed and is mounting a vigorous campaign to defend our rights and I would like to ask that they be supported, for what we see now is but the thin edge of the wedge.
That's sad. My Irish father always said that whatever happened here, regarding banning any form of hunting, would NEVER be replicated in Southern Ireland. ''If it gets too bad'' he said ''You can always go 'home'. He'd turn in his grave to read your post.

...Rene.
Old 24-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Sam Hill
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertie View Post
pertie this is not very good... need to stamp it out right away
Fire with fire and all that
Old 24-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Passage

Fight it guys and stamp it out now,
Old 25-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Kenny
Brancher

[Hello pertie,i don't think this will come to much as T.D JOHN GORMLEY who is behind this will not be in power for much longer after the last voting stats of less than 2% for the green party for the next general election,this is also a man who wants to ban horse racing by the way ?Thanks for the info.
Regards kenny

uote=Pertie;1379349]The pseudo conservation movement in Southern Ireland known as the green party is making strenuous efforts to have anti-hunting legislation introduced here. An organization called RISE (Rural Ireland Says Enough) has been formed and is mounting a vigorous campaign to defend our rights and I would like to ask that they be supported, for what we see now is but the thin edge of the wedge.[/quote]
Old 25-02-2010, 06:29 AM
Pete
Haggard

i am really surprised and actually quite disgusted that this thread hasn't received much support at all .

if this was a threat to fieldsports in the u.k. then it would be at the top of the page every time you logged on and the post count would be through the roof .

showing your support costs nowt , but it seems that many are not interested and cant spare the time to type a few words .

marvellous .

Pete.
Old 25-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Kennelre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendleside View Post
i am really surprised and actually quite disgusted that this thread hasn't received much support at all .

if this was a threat to fieldsports in the u.k. then it would be at the top of the page every time you logged on and the post count would be through the roof .

showing your support costs nowt , but it seems that many are not interested and cant spare the time to type a few words .

marvellous .

pete.

153 posts on another thread would imply that people have a greater interest in a different type of 'fieldsport' altogether.

...Rene.
Old 25-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Rob Punch
Passage

[QUOTE=Falco Ireland;1380073][Hello pertie,i don't think this will come to much as T.D JOHN GORMLEY who is behind this will not be in power for much longer after the last voting stats of less than 2% for the green party for the next general election,this is also a man who wants to ban horse racing by the way ?Thanks for the info.
Regards kenny

What you say is true, but they perceive the Ward Union Staghounds as an easy target and are at present attempting to pass legislation to ban their form of hunting and they are also attempting to control the breeding of foxhounds. Gormley's great boast is that he was the first member of the Irish Parliament to have an email address! My thanks to those who have responded, it is much appreciated. I shall be back.