Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Albums, Pictures, Photographs & Graphics

Old 20-12-2015, 06:59 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

Default Photos From Computer

Hi Everyone

I am wondering if you could help me on an issue I have with posting photos directly from my computer. The problem occurs when I try and attach photos that have been taken on my camera, the weird thing is it only happens with some. It happens with albums and attaching onto threads, it usually takes longer which is to be expected due to larger file size. The first few I usually have no problem with but then I keep getting a message come up saying that a security token was missing and to contact an administrator. I have contacted admin on this issue but was wondering if any members could help also? I looked on a thread on this section saying that the photo URL should be copied however the one's on my computer don't seem to have a URL to copy like the photos taken from the internet. I would appreciate any help on this issue.

Regards

Bradley
Old 20-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Passage

Default Re: Photos From Computer

Hi Bradley
Are you trying to attach them using the paper clip on top of the post?
It could simply be that the size is to large for the post. Try just putting a few on instead.
Failing that if you look at the bottom there may be some selections to change them. Check what they are saved as on your computer and see if that option is there.
Let me know if you still have trouble
Donna.
Old 20-12-2015, 08:12 PM
Passage

It could be the size is too big as when you use manage attachments there is a size you can only load up and if its bigger it will not load it up.as I know camera setting size are around 1400 x1400 and the uploader can only upload sizes 800x800.
Old 21-12-2015, 02:50 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Dog View Post
Hi Bradley
Are you trying to attach them using the paper clip on top of the post?
It could simply be that the size is to large for the post. Try just putting a few on instead.
Failing that if you look at the bottom there may be some selections to change them. Check what they are saved as on your computer and see if that option is there.
Let me know if you still have trouble
Donna.
Yes, it's the paperclip on the post that I'm using. In answer to both you and Sean about size, it has always re-sized the photos automatically in the past. The photos are usually all the same size as well, in terms of dimensions. All the photos in the album that I'm trying to upload have the dimensions 3456 x 5184 or the other way round. I know these are too big to upload but I still don't know why the attachments manager isn't resizing them automatically?

I know a lot of members on here upload through photobucket, perhaps it may be worth getting an account on there?

Bradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Maguire View Post
It could be the size is too big as when you use manage attachments there is a size you can only load up and if its bigger it will not load it up.as I know camera setting size are around 1400 x1400 and the uploader can only upload sizes 800x800.
If I was to re-size the photos, what size would you recommend for the forum? Thanks for your help, I have put a bit about the sizing above.

Bradley
Old 21-12-2015, 03:11 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

This is a test:

Tanks to you both for helping me with this, it was the sizing that was causing it. I have now down sized them to 700 x 466 or the other way round using the editor on Widows Photo Viewer.

The thing that still puzzles me is that it was working for a few without doing anything to them, no worries now I have sorted it, thanks again for your help.

Bradley
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3371.jpg (64.5 KB, 68 views)
Old 21-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

It was the pixels that I changed and I'm having no problems now.
Old 21-12-2015, 06:03 PM
Passage

Great stuff Brad glad your sorted.
Old 21-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradazTheFalconer View Post
This is a test:

Tanks to you both for helping me with this, it was the sizing that was causing it. I have now down sized them to 700 x 466 or the other way round using the editor on Widows Photo Viewer.

The thing that still puzzles me is that it was working for a few without doing anything to them, no worries now I have sorted it, thanks again for your help.

Bradley

Glad you got it in the end as there is a size that can only be downloaded on this forum.