Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > NON FALCONRY TOPICS > The Soap Box

Old 04-12-2017, 12:00 AM
Passage

Default Re: What is being done to protect the Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenÚ View Post
Never mind all the sycophancy, just get it sorted. There's no excuse for endless and unremitting posts from hackers and the fact that they're eventually cleared up means nothing if there's no intervention to stop it happening again. That's the truth of it.
With respect RenÚ, I don't consider it sycophant to show a bit of appreciation to 2 people that as far as I am aware are giving up their time for nothing to help the forum run, that has been abandoned by the owner for quite some time. We are lucky there is still a forum at all, seeing as everyone else has run off to Facebook so they can choose who they speak to and who gives them opinions.
Kind regards Chris
Old 04-12-2017, 12:12 AM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSquance View Post
With respect RenÚ, I don't consider it sycophant to show a bit of appreciation to 2 people that as far as I am aware are giving up their time for nothing to help the forum run, that has been abandoned by the owner for quite some time. We are lucky there is still a forum at all, seeing as everyone else has run off to Facebook so they can choose who they speak to and who gives them opinions.
Kind regards Chris
Chris, I'll thank them too when they sort it.
Meantime, In all the years of this forum this has never happened before so there's obviously an answer to it. Mickey suggests there should be a simple fix in options settings....has anyone asked him to enlarge on that ? Is there anyone else who can suggest how it should be done? The current interventions are not effective.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:36 AM
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenÚ View Post
Mickey suggests there should be a simple fix in options settings....has anyone asked him to enlarge on that ? Is there anyone else who can suggest how it should be done? The current interventions are not effective.
Nope, because he was a chocolate fire guard.......😜 This never happened on his shift though. 🤔

Terry was online yesterday so hopefully he is looking into things in the background as the moderators won't have the access rights or knowledge to implement any fix. Given the current position of this forum then the subscription level may no longer provide access the the options levels of previous years.

The only thing the current Mods can do is check in more often to be fair.