Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > Mentors, Courses & Apprenticeships > Wales

Old 27-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Chick

Default North Wales ?

Hi all, I was wondering if there was anyone in the area stretching from Caernarfonshire down to the Llyn Peninsula ? I am being specific about the area as this is where I will be hoping to eventually fly/hunt and so anyone familiar with this terrain and quarry might be able to offer the best advise.

Someone to talk to would be good, someone to tag along with on a couple of hunts would be great. Someone willing to mentor would be brilliant.

Many thanks,

Barcud
Old 29-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Chick

Default Re: North Wales ?

I'm possibly out of luck finding a mentor in this area.

I regularly go out after work and check out some new BOP families. We have young kestrals getting bombed by the crows, loads of young buzzards strolling around the fields, young sparrowhawks, one of which left a load of grey fur and 2 tiny bones in my garden this morning, but more interesting, 2 peregrine nest sights, both have young ones flying around. I mention this because as I was watching a pair of young peregrines in the distance this evening I saw someone who could well have been flying a bird. It was a bit far away but I'm sure I could see him/her waving an arm now again. It would have been too much of a trek to have gotten to were he was before sundown.

I wonder if I would have any luck if I put a small ad in the village shop ? Along the lines of 'any falconers in the area ?' I'm not sure about that.

Barcud
Old 05-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Chick

I'm not gonna have any luck with a mentor SO, are there any clubs in the N.Wales area ? I have searched but most info on websites seem out of date.

Barcud
Old 08-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Chick

Hi all, got a club contact now, and someone willing to let me tag along.

Many thanks,

Barcud
Old 22-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Egg

Hi just noticed your looking for a club in North Wales. We are based in Rhyl but travel to Conwy alot. If you would like more details. message me please.

Ben