Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Lost, Found, Sighted or Stolen Birds of Prey?

Old 19-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Passage

Default Re: Lost Peregrine in Cheshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugezWolf View Post
Hi TOM - I used to be in your camp but now I'm not so sure. I think that some come on here to be told it's okay and to be given the "there there" cream. There has to come a point when people should be rightly ashamed of what they have done.

Gerry x
Gerry, as long as they get on here or ibr etc asap and let everybody know there's a bird lost and its whereabouts then they can have all their "there there's" they want from me. It might not be what I'm thinking as every case is individual but best not to scare them off.
Atb
T0M
Old 19-02-2017, 06:22 PM
Gerry Plant
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0M View Post
Gerry, as long as they get on here or ibr etc asap and let everybody know there's a bird lost and its whereabouts then they can have all their "there there's" they want from me. It might not be what I'm thinking as every case is individual but best not to scare them off.
Atb
T0M
Yes fine TOM so long as they are put right! I'm putting them right - creance or not the hawk should be flown with two transmitters - it's not rocket science.

Gerry x
Old 19-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Passage

Think this is now on ibr facebook. Agree.people need support to find their bird but need to learn lessons.
Old 19-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Passage

Quote:
Yes fine TOM so long as they are put right! I'm putting them right - creance or not the hawk should be flown with two transmitters - it's not rocket science.

Gerry x
Gerry, if you think it helps the situation and it'll get the bird home safe then fire away

Atb
T0M
Old 19-02-2017, 07:16 PM
Haggard

Quote:

Gerry x
Not having a secure hold of the jesses while attaching the creance is a schoolboy error Gerry, and one that has no doubt been painfully learned in this case I imagine.
But few, including yourself I'm sure, can claim to have put a transmitter (let alone two) on every hawk they've attached to a creance, and I for one never do.
Mistakes happen, sometimes painful ones, to beginners and experienced falconers alike.

I hope this falcon is found alive and well, and that lessons are learned rather than recriminations felt.

Best wishes,

Tony.
Old 19-02-2017, 07:19 PM
Gerry Plant
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony James View Post
Not having a secure hold of the jesses while attaching the creance is a schoolboy error Gerry, and one that has no doubt been painfully learned in this case I imagine.
But few, including yourself I'm sure, can claim to have put a transmitter (let alone two) on every hawk they've attached to a creance, and I for one never do.
Mistakes happen, sometimes painful ones, to beginners and experienced falconers alike.

I hope this falcon is found alive and well, and that lessons are learned rather than recriminations felt.

Best wishes,

Tony.
That is where you are wrong Tony - I put two transmitters on every hawk I fly and that includes early training flights on the creance. What a surprise that you should turn up on this thread - troll!

Gerry x
Old 19-02-2017, 07:23 PM
Haggard

Quote:
That is where you are wrong Tony - I put two transmitters on every hawk I fly and that includes early training flights on the creance. What a surprise that you should turn up on this thread - troll!

Gerry x
There's very few threads to turn up on Gerry, and most of them seem to be dominated by your bad mannered comments, so I have little desire to contribute nowadays.

Tony.
Old 19-02-2017, 07:27 PM
Gerry Plant
Passage

Quote:
There's very few threads to turn up on Gerry, and most of them seem to be dominated by your bad mannered comments, so I have little desire to contribute nowadays.

Tony.
Get a life Tony.

Gerry x
Old 19-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Get a life Tony.

Gerry x
Thanks Gerry,

I'll leave you to be rude elsewhere.

Tony.
Old 19-02-2017, 07:59 PM
Gerry Plant
Passage

Quote:
Thanks Gerry,

I'll leave you to be rude elsewhere.

Tony.
Tony - hold on a minute - you follow me around and come up with that? You are an extremely sad individual and I can only state that you really need to take a long look at yourself.

Gerry x