Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FALCONRY HUNTING & HAWKING DISCUSSIONS > General Falconry & Bird Talk

Old 07-12-2015, 09:06 PM
Barry Blyther
Passage

Default Re: Bring back the forum

Too many over inflated ego's self opinionated 'experts' and inflexible stubbornness - 'do it my way or you're wrong'. Add those together and the forum was always going to implode.
Fun parts like a usable chat room vanished - another nail in the coffin.
Star ratings and 'likes' were fun, but got abused, so the headmaster took them away from the naughty children.
I hate Facebook, and miss the good parts of the Forum in its heyday, but the negatives brought about by some linger long in the memory, so I fear what we have now, is about all we'll have. I hope to be proved wrong.
Barry
Old 07-12-2015, 09:09 PM
Banned
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry View Post
Too many over inflated ego's self opinionated 'experts' and inflexible stubbornness - 'do it my way or you're wrong'. Add those together and the forum was always going to implode.
Star ratings and 'likes' were fun, but got abused, so the headmaster took them away from the naughty children.
I hate Facebook, and miss the good parts of the Forum in its heyday, but the negatives brought about by some linger long in the memory, so I fear what we have now, is about all we'll have. I hope to be proved wrong.
Barry
It used to be a fantastic place to talk and read mate
Old 07-12-2015, 09:15 PM
Passage

Quote:
Barry
Think you might be right Barry it is shame though it could be really good again with healthy debates.
Donna
Old 07-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Clive Stancer
Passage

Quote:
Barry
Hi Barry

I hope you are well, your post about sums it up.

Put 3 Falconers in a room to discuss the colour of a black cat and they could not agree !!

By the way Barry my cat is blacker than your cat

ATB

Clive
Old 07-12-2015, 09:19 PM
Passage

Ha ha Clive my cat is blacker though.

It is a shame that opinions can't be respected as healthy discussion is better for all.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Egg

I was on here as an inquisitive newbee about six years ago, hoping to gain some information and advice in order to help me decide whether I had the time and lifestyle needed to own and hunt a bird. It transpired that at that point in my life , I didn't.
It wasn't a particularly welcoming place and some of the more experienced members seemed to take more pleasure in ridiculing than actually advising.

My job / lifestyle has now changed and I'm revisiting my interest in falconry, hopefully this time will prove more fruitful .
I was very surprised and disappointed at the lack of activity as I was under the impression that this is, or at least was, the leading forum on the Web, I'm sure things will improve but it will almost certainly involve being a more welcoming place.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Brancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyMc View Post
Sadly this forum is almost dead.can we get it back.get the old members back.i hate facebook so would love the iff to pick back up.i remember when you logged out for few hours and had pages to read when you came back on.
I totally agree.
I also hate Facebook it is the proven route of all evil !

ATB
John155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Canning View Post
Too many bullies.
Keyboard warriors Derek who know it all and half of which probably don't even fly a bird !

ATB
John155
Old 07-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairns View Post
I was on here as an inquisitive newbee about six years ago, hoping to gain some information and advice in order to help me decide whether I had the time and lifestyle needed to own and hunt a bird. It transpired that at that point in my life , I didn't.
It wasn't a particularly welcoming place and some of the more experienced members seemed to take more pleasure in ridiculing than actually advising.

My job / lifestyle has now changed and I'm revisiting my interest in falconry, hopefully this time will prove more fruitful .
I was very surprised and disappointed at the lack of activity as I was under the impression that this is, or at least was, the leading forum on the Web, I'm sure things will improve but it will almost certainly involve being a more welcoming place.
I hope it's more welcoming now there are some really helpful people on here
Donna
Old 07-12-2015, 09:31 PM
Banned
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John155 View Post
I totally agree.
I also hate Facebook it is the proven route of all evil !

ATB
John155

Keyboard warriors Derek who know it all and half of which probably don't even fly a bird !

ATB
John155
Even hawkmaster dosnt seem to bothered.hardly any mods.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:34 PM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Dog View Post
I hope it's more welcoming now there are some really helpful people on here
Donna
Thanks , had decided that I was only going to use the forum as a reference source this time but saw this thread and felt it relevant. so far so good