Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > What is your County, Province or State? > Europe

Old 06-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Paul Bocking
Egg

Default Day old chicks in Spain.

Hi we have moved to the Alicante region of Spain and are looking for a supply of day old chicks, can anyone advise of a supplier.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Miguel Angel
Egg

Default Re: Day old chicks in Spain.

Search here 600124679 . LABDIAL
Old 06-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Brancher

Default Re: Day old chicks in Spain.

I lived there for 8 years in Gran Alacant and although I never bothered taking a bird over as then, it was so much hassle .... UK said you dont need paperwork for a HH but Spain said you did - but it didn't exist. I asked around and the only place I found was a poultry farmer who would sell two week olds at an extortionate price. I have just had a look on the net and there is a place south of Torrevieja so suggest you give them a call and ask them - Good luck with it .........

Http://www.falconryspain.com/index.php

One other thing - be careful where you fly as they will shoot anything !!

Chris

I timed out on the previous answer, so here it is in full !!

I lived there for 8 years in Gran Alacant and although I never bothered taking a bird over as then, it was so much hassle .... UK said you dont need paperwork for a HH but Spain said you did - but it didn't exist. I asked around and the only place I found was a poultry farmer who would sell two week olds at an extortionate price. I have just had a look on the net and there is a place south of Torrevieja so suggest you give them a call and ask them

There is also an information site - http://www.falconry.com/organ_frm.htm - If you click Asociaciones, it gives all the contact details for the different 'clubs'

Http://www.falconryspain.com/index.php

One other thing - be careful where you fly as they will shoot anything and I think, there are only certain dates you can hunt, but I may be wrong!!

Good luck with it .........

Chris