Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > What is your County, Province or State? > Canada

Old 01-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Egg

Default Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

Hello,
I am moving to Winnipeg for this fall and am really hoping there are some falconers that I could meet and perhaps accompany to the field.
I was introduced to falconry when I was younger and since then have always wanted to become a falconer. I know what it means to have bop's and I never felt I was in a good position to do so. I intend on getting there though and would like to meet some in the community that would be willing to have me follow along and ask questions and help where I can.

Thank you
Joel
Old 01-09-2011, 07:57 PM
Ken Hooke
Passage

Default Re: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacfabe View Post
hello,
I am moving to Winnipeg for this fall and am really hoping there are some falconers that I could meet and perhaps accompany to the field.
I was introduced to falconry when I was younger and since then have always wanted to become a falconer. I know what it means to have bop's and I never felt I was in a good position to do so. I intend on getting there though and would like to meet some in the community that would be willing to have me follow along and ask questions and help where I can.

Thank you
Joel
Hello Joel, there are a few falconers in WPG myself included. PM me if you wish.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Egg

Hello Saker
The system said

"Sorry , You Can't Send PM's until You Have Over 100 Quality Falconry Related Posts. Junk posting will not be counted and you may get banned for spamming it you try. However you can upgrade your account and become a Full Featured Member from as little as 8p a day via this link: http://falconryforum.co.uk/payments.php Thank you IFF Team"

So apparently I can't PM till I am more active on the site.
my email is jmacfabe@gmail.com I would like to get in touch.
I am very busy however in the next few weeks as I try and get everything sorted for my move to WPG. if you just send me a hello I'll write you back when I am actually in MB (currently in the Yukon)
Thank you for your reply
Joel
Old 01-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Bill
Passage

Joel: Ken can be reached through his website. He is one of the finest hood makers you will ever find and he knows how to fly birds to. You must like cold weather. Standing on some street corners in Winnipeg would be like standing on the Yukon tundra. You guys can have it. My bloods too thin for that nonsense.

Good luck with your migration and I'm sure Ken will show you a fun time.

Www.falconryhoodsinternational.com

Bill (from God's part of Canada)
Old 19-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Egg

Not a falconer but looking to learn more about the sport and training, also from Winterpeg.

I also would like to find a group where they "show off their birds" because I would like to learn a lot more before making my decision as it's not just my life, it's another's.

Cheers

O/
Old 19-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Duane Skuce
Passage

Does Manitoba have breeding Prairie Falcons, Just curious, Peregrines, Ferruginous, Richardson Merlin's and Golden Eagles that have been verified ?