Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > What is your County, Province or State? > Canada

Old 21-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Andy
Passage

Default Re: Emigrating to Canada - very scared!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
Good Luck Andy !!! Don't hesitate to ask any questions about this great country. Be more than happy to help out. As for trapping, Quebec and Ontario are the only 2 provinces in Canada that you can't take wild BOP's. We(Ontario Hawking Club) have a petition into the government now but that could take a while longer. Cheers mate !!!
We have a lot of questions... Another member has also PM'd me with his email so that i can fire questions at him.

Got to book the medicals tomorrow and find the money to pay for the Permanent Residence fees.

Any reason as to why Ontario and Quebec are the only two provinces not allowed to take wild birds?

Andy
Old 22-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Brancher

Not 100% sure why but falconry is not as comon here as it is overseas. You should really enjoy Alberta and hope you also get time to see the rest of the country. Canada really does have very different areas from rainforest to desert. Hope the move goes well.

Cheers,

Bruce
Old 22-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Andy
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
Not 100% sure why but falconry is not as comon here as it is overseas. You should really enjoy Alberta and hope you also get time to see the rest of the country. Canada really does have very different areas from rainforest to desert. Hope the move goes well.

Cheers,

Bruce
Thanks Bruce

I've been to Canada four times, all of which were in Alberta. LOVE IT!

Andy
Old 02-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Passage

Are you there yet?

John

Old 03-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Alan Oliver
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Fly View Post
Hi all

Over two years ago my fiance and I applied to emigrate to Canada and our initial application was rejected owing to a new list of job types being added by the embassy following a large influx of people wanting to emigrate there.

Fortunately, I was still able to apply under the new job specifications and we re-applied last year...

Today I received a letter from the embassy asking me to send them the final payment for 'Permanent Residence in Canada'.

This is a dream come true for me but now the enormity of what is going to happen has just hit me and I am pooing myself!!!

I have still to sell my house (can't afford to go until that has gone) so it will be a few months yet.

However, if there are any people from Canada on here then please feel free to say hello.

My fiance and I (as well as Boomer and Asbo) will be settling in or around Calgary in Alberta.

Himiko, hopefully, I will be able to meet you at some point later on this year and see your dogs and hawks working together

ATVB

Andy
what you scared of, they are only people like us! can't be any worse than here, if it's any concelation i spent a while in canada alot of years ago and by and large it was good, it will be differant but then everyone isnt the same, you'll love it, there are some laws which don't make much sence to us but again are beneficial to the structure of things and it's massive, so if youre lass does youre head in you can top her and get rid of the boddy in the wilderness, i spent my time in alberta with a few weeks in mantreall and two weels in banf in the rockies, loved every minute and if i could get a passport i would probably escape to cannada!
Old 03-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Morganna

Andy- i am so so pleased for you both ,grab with both hands ,it will be a wonderful opportunity .Seeing John later today will let him know the good news.Wishing you the best of luck ,do keep in touch though.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Yann Brahic
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Soulsby View Post
Are you there yet?

John
Haven't seen him !
Old 19-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Duane Skuce
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born to Fly View Post
Hi all

Over two years ago my fiance and I applied to emigrate to Canada and our initial application was rejected owing to a new list of job types being added by the embassy following a large influx of people wanting to emigrate there.

Fortunately, I was still able to apply under the new job specifications and we re-applied last year...

Today I received a letter from the embassy asking me to send them the final payment for 'Permanent Residence in Canada'.

This is a dream come true for me but now the enormity of what is going to happen has just hit me and I am pooing myself!!!

I have still to sell my house (can't afford to go until that has gone) so it will be a few months yet.

However, if there are any people from Canada on here then please feel free to say hello.

My fiance and I (as well as Boomer and Asbo) will be settling in or around Calgary in Alberta.

Himiko, hopefully, I will be able to meet you at some point later on this year and see your dogs and hawks working together

ATVB

Andy
Alberta has a great Falconry club with good rules & regs, contact Richard Moore he is a great guy and I think he might be able to help you adjust.
Old 19-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Ricky Doe
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCulaine View Post
Alberta has a great Falconry club with good rules & regs, contact Richard Moore he is a great guy and I think he might be able to help you adjust.
Mark Williams emigrated there years ago