Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Eagles - Aquila

Old 21-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Dave Sharpe
Passage

Default Re: Zeus- a muddled diary in pics and words!

Zeus has quietened down after his noisey start to the moult, he either gets horny or bored for a few weeks after flying and calls even if he just thinks im in the vicinity. just as it was getting on my tits he has quietened right down.
Hes thrown a couple of smallish feathers but not much else as yet, hes mint condition so the moult never really worries me, I know hell moult plenty and when im ready to start again come October well start no matter what. for now its co0ming with me to various talks and events in the summer
Old 21-04-2017, 07:33 PM
Passage

Glad he's quietened down. Have a safe moult. Fingers.crossed you get a deer next year.
Donna
Old 22-04-2017, 10:00 AM
Bradley Church
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpster View Post
Zeus has quietened down after his noisey start to the moult, he either gets horny or bored for a few weeks after flying and calls even if he just thinks im in the vicinity. just as it was getting on my tits he has quietened right down.
hes thrown a couple of smallish feathers but not much else as yet, hes mint condition so the moult never really worries me, I know hell moult plenty and when im ready to start again come October well start no matter what. for now its co0ming with me to various talks and events in the summer
Glad to hear that he's calmed down, is this a good sign that he'll continue to drop more feathers? I guess its that sort of phase where he's looking for a lady Eagle and then realises he's got you so he starts dropping feathers? Here's hoping he moults out well for you so you can have a great season with him!

Best Wishes,

Bradley