Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > EQUIPMENT & HOUSING > Bells & Leather Equipment

Old 20-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Passage

Default Re: Whats the Best Glove?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life-without-pets View Post
So I've read through all the recommendations and although some of them look great a few of them don't seem to be around anymore. I was looking for something special and found this;

http://www.purdey.com/clothing-acces...n-glove77.aspx

No sign of a review of their gloves as far as I've found though, has anyone owned a Purdey glove? For that price I'd want to know I'm getting good quality.
Looks like a Chris Payne glove to me, if it is Chris that's making them for Purdy all I can say is they are very good Atb Chris
Old 20-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Haggard

245 ?! for a glove

You'd have to have more money than sense paying that for a glove, you can buy loads equally as useful and durable for a tenth of the price ,might not last you a lifetime but get a new one each season and your still ahead

In fact i've got 2 i've had for over a decade that still do their job just fine for the larger birds ,and picked up two short sleeve falcon gloves for £20 at the last FF ,i ain't even got to using them yet, i'm a glove klepto and always have a spare in the trucks/car
Old 20-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Matthew
Passage

This glove that Steve halsall gave me is the best fitting glove I've ever had. Very supple deer skin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2775.jpg (83.4 KB, 95 views)
Old 20-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Bannister View Post
£245 ?! for a glove

It's the price you pay for a right posh label.
There's a rope slip lead on there that appears exactly the same as one from Bisley that costs about £12. Purdey want £50.
Old 20-02-2017, 04:00 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by René View Post
There's a rope slip lead on there that appears exactly the same as one from Bisley that costs about £12. Purdey want £50.
Lol buy it in harrods with a coffee for an extra £10
Old 21-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSquance View Post
Looks like a Chris Payne glove to me, if it is Chris that's making them for Purdy all I can say is they are very good Atb Chris
I've had a look at his website but I didn't like them as much. Although at half the price if he's willing to make me a similar one I'd happily pay him extra since I emailed Purdey asking for more details and have had no response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by René View Post
Well, that and it looks lovely I think, I'm pretty fond of the colour combination. I had a look at the leads and collars and couldn't figure out why you would want to buy them when there are ones that look identical at a fraction of the price. With the glove I've had difficulty finding anything similar and wanted something very distinctive for displays, plus it's going to be a gift. I'll be sticking with my Due North glove for everything else I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Bannister View Post
£245 ?! for a glove

you'd have to have more money than sense paying that for a glove, you can buy loads equally as useful and durable for a tenth of the price ,might not last you a lifetime but get a new one each season and your still ahead

in fact i've got 2 i've had for over a decade that still do their job just fine for the larger birds ,and picked up two short sleeve falcon gloves for £20 at the last FF ,i ain't even got to using them yet, i'm a glove klepto and always have a spare in the trucks/car
I did say my other one was a Due North, but when you've got people staring at you while doing presentations a fancy glove starts looking a lot more important. That and I'm not thrilled about public speaking so it's a great way to draw peoples attention away from me even when the bird's not on the glove. Some people get their nails done and put on a tonne of makeup, I'd rather just invest in a nice glove and then noone will notice if I forget to brush my hair