Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > Mentors, Courses & Apprenticeships > Sussex

Old 25-04-2017, 01:08 PM
Egg

Smile Setting up

Well it's been slightly longer than expected but have finally moved to my final home, no more moving, my new neighbour works for a building company, they throw away shed loads of new tanalised wood, so yours truly now in process of building my mews/ avery 12x6, rear frame and side frame done, more wood due at weekend, photo's to follow on completion, parent reared fledgling wanted next year please, I'm in Sussex but willing to travel any where for quality and good reviews, rhullion look bloody good
Old 25-04-2017, 05:48 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

Default Re: Setting up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane View Post
Well it's been slightly longer than expected but have finally moved to my final home, no more moving, my new neighbour works for a building company, they throw away shed loads of new tanalised wood, so yours truly now in process of building my mews/ avery 12x6, rear frame and side frame done, more wood due at weekend, photo's to follow on completion, parent reared fledgling wanted next year please, I'm in Sussex but willing to travel any where for quality and good reviews, rhullion look bloody good
You must be extremely excited. As a new Falconer, could you have hoped for a better neighbour! It'll be good to see some pics of your mews once you've finished it. Am I right in saying then that you're looking to get a bird for the 2107/2018 season?

Regards,

Bradley
Old 26-04-2017, 02:47 AM
Egg

I'm really hoping later this year but realistically next year, bird in spring to give me maximum daylight hours for training, keep it old school, no point reinventing the wheel
Old 26-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Haggard

? old school for whom ? a bird trained in the spring is going to be flying at alpha quarry giving the less chance of success and reduced opportunities and time the season ends February for most and only a bit later for some if its crow or bunny

What bird are you thinking and what quarry ?