Falconry Forum (IFF)


Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SPONSORSHIP & COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING > TALONS LAIR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 20-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Talons Lair's Avatar
Talons Lair Talons Lair is offline
Mick Lewis
Passage
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 1,731
Default Traditional bow perchs

after 8 months of material testing traditonal bows are now in full swing and going off the shelf quicker than i can make them (32 sold in last 2 weeks)

spec: Stainless steel 316L polished 20mm diameter
rolled and not bent round your knee or convienient drum
Whipping ~ Black Softline yacht rope. Softline is a Synthetic rope that is extremely soft and flexible, this means it is easy to handle. It is made from a variety of different materials (multi filament) so it feels different to normal polypropylene rope almost impervious to water as it floats but does not rot. It has also been UV stabilised so that it does not decompose in direct sunlight unlike Natural ropes and cheap rubber .
Cones ~ 1.6-2mm thick black bull hide oil Tanned
Tether ring ~ stainless 316L 4mm thick ring with leash locator to remove the risk of the ring getting caught up due to the leash obstructing movement.
portable feet ~ steel bar ,faced and bevelled zinc plated then powder coated in black M16 thread

4 sizes
little criter 1" perch
medium 1.5" perch
large 2" perch
small eagle 2 3/4" perch


And if it works a light weight portable bow perch for a female redtail for field work/ Training only weighing in at no more than 3lb as specified by customer!

This is one in the making
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0597.jpg (83.5 KB, 393 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 20-07-2013, 08:54 PM
1Red12's Avatar
1Red12 1Red12 is offline
Roy - Official Site Sponsor
Passage
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Plymouth.Devon.
Posts: 1,852
Default Re: Traditional bow perchs

Not getting at you mick, but I thought all decent bows were done on a roller, mine are anyway. Still dont think you can beat rubber as a perch area.
32 sold in the last 2 weeks , thats quite a few. I'm at Harrow Barrow a few days next week, would like to pop in and see all the equipment your making, I'm turning out about 12 ring perches a fortnight and thats plenty enough for me
Regards
Roy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30-07-2013, 06:37 PM
RamishHawk's Avatar
RamishHawk RamishHawk is offline
Steve Skinner
Passage
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: worthing
Posts: 1,361
Default Re: Traditional bow perchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talons Lair View Post
after 8 months of material testing traditonal bows are now in full swing and going off the shelf quicker than i can make them (32 sold in last 2 weeks)

spec: Stainless steel 316L polished 20mm diameter
rolled and not bent round your knee or convienient drum
Whipping ~ Black Softline yacht rope. Softline is a Synthetic rope that is extremely soft and flexible, this means it is easy to handle. It is made from a variety of different materials (multi filament) so it feels different to normal polypropylene rope almost impervious to water as it floats but does not rot. It has also been UV stabilised so that it does not decompose in direct sunlight unlike Natural ropes and cheap rubber .
Cones ~ 1.6-2mm thick black bull hide oil Tanned
Tether ring ~ stainless 316L 4mm thick ring with leash locator to remove the risk of the ring getting caught up due to the leash obstructing movement.
portable feet ~ steel bar ,faced and bevelled zinc plated then powder coated in black M16 thread

4 sizes
little criter 1" perch
medium 1.5" perch
large 2" perch
small eagle 2 3/4" perch


And if it works a light weight portable bow perch for a female redtail for field work/ Training only weighing in at no more than 3lb as specified by customer!

This is one in the making

Nice to see a perch that is actually a traditional bow shape & not a hoop as so often seen, the ring flips over much easier. Well done mate, i bet that marine grade stainless is expensive.

Atb.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Dean York's Avatar
Dean York Dean York is offline
Haggard
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: bolton
Posts: 10,206
Default Re: Traditional bow perchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talons Lair View Post
after 8 months of material testing traditonal bows are now in full swing and going off the shelf quicker than i can make them (32 sold in last 2 weeks)

spec: Stainless steel 316L polished 20mm diameter
rolled and not bent round your knee or convienient drum
Whipping ~ Black Softline yacht rope. Softline is a Synthetic rope that is extremely soft and flexible, this means it is easy to handle. It is made from a variety of different materials (multi filament) so it feels different to normal polypropylene rope almost impervious to water as it floats but does not rot. It has also been UV stabilised so that it does not decompose in direct sunlight unlike Natural ropes and cheap rubber .
Cones ~ 1.6-2mm thick black bull hide oil Tanned
Tether ring ~ stainless 316L 4mm thick ring with leash locator to remove the risk of the ring getting caught up due to the leash obstructing movement.
portable feet ~ steel bar ,faced and bevelled zinc plated then powder coated in black M16 thread

4 sizes
little criter 1" perch
medium 1.5" perch
large 2" perch
small eagle 2 3/4" perch


And if it works a light weight portable bow perch for a female redtail for field work/ Training only weighing in at no more than 3lb as specified by customer!

This is one in the making
Very nice. Well done for making a proper shaped bow. Anymore pics?

Cheers
Dean
__________________
Too many cooks spoil the broth!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Sheridan Sheridan is offline
Egg
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Down South
Posts: 2
Default Re: Traditional bow perchs

32 sold just last week? What planet are you on mate, cos it sure 'aint this one! I've read some ******** in my time but you beat the lot!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Talons Lair View Post
after 8 months of material testing traditonal bows are now in full swing and going off the shelf quicker than i can make them (32 sold in last 2 weeks)

Spec: Stainless steel 316L polished 20mm diameter
Rolled and not bent round your knee or convienient drum
Whipping ~ Black Softline yacht rope. Softline is a Synthetic rope that is extremely soft and flexible, this means it is easy to handle. It is made from a variety of different materials (multi filament) so it feels different to normal polypropylene rope almost impervious to water as it floats but does not rot. It has also been UV stabilised so that it does not decompose in direct sunlight unlike Natural ropes and cheap rubber .
Cones ~ 1.6-2mm thick black bull hide oil Tanned
Tether ring ~ stainless 316L 4mm thick ring with leash locator to remove the risk of the ring getting caught up due to the leash obstructing movement.
Portable feet ~ steel bar ,faced and bevelled zinc plated then powder coated in black M16 thread

4 sizes
Little criter 1" perch
Medium 1.5" perch
Large 2" perch
Small eagle 2 3/4" perch


And if it works a light weight portable bow perch for a female redtail for field work/ Training only weighing in at no more than 3lb as specified by customer!

This is one in the making
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-07-2013, 11:06 PM
1Red12's Avatar
1Red12 1Red12 is offline
Roy - Official Site Sponsor
Passage
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Plymouth.Devon.
Posts: 1,852
Default Re: Traditional bow perchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
32 sold just last week? What planet are you on mate, cos it sure 'aint this one! I've read some ******** in my time but you beat the lot!
Funny you should say that, I was thinking the same
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-07-2013, 11:26 PM
HendryHawk's Avatar
HendryHawk HendryHawk is offline
Barry
Passage
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Shotts
Posts: 915
Default Re: Traditional bow perchs

Some green eyed monsters on the thread with quality bows like that not surprised they are getting snapped up.

Barry
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Loch Lomond's Avatar
Loch Lomond Loch Lomond is offline
Stewart Robertson
Haggard
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 6,809
Default Re: Traditional bow perchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HendryHawk View Post
Some green eyed monsters on the thread with quality bows like that not surprised they are getting snapped up.

Barry
Wait until you see the ones I am getting Barry, I need about ten,
__________________
"Broadsword calling Danny Boy"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Sheridan Sheridan is offline
Egg
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Down South
Posts: 2
Default Re: Traditional bow perchs

Do you call that a perch surface? I've seen a better surface on a budgie perch. I've just taken a look on your website, that was a laugh, virtually no stock of anything and everything made to order. Is that the sign of a great retailer mate. Ever thought about going on the dole


Traditonal bows are now in full swing and going off the shelf quicker than i can make them (32 sold in last 2 weeks)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Loch Lomond's Avatar
Loch Lomond Loch Lomond is offline
Stewart Robertson
Haggard
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 6,809
Default Re: Traditional bow perchs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loch Lomond View Post
Wait until you see the ones I am getting Barry, I need about ten,
And no, I am not getting them from here,
__________________
"Broadsword calling Danny Boy"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bow, perchs, traditional

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.