Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SPONSORSHIP & COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING > TALONS LAIR

Old 20-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Mick Lewis
Passage

Default Traditional bow perchs

after 8 months of material testing traditonal bows are now in full swing and going off the shelf quicker than i can make them (32 sold in last 2 weeks)

spec: Stainless steel 316L polished 20mm diameter
rolled and not bent round your knee or convienient drum
Whipping ~ Black Softline yacht rope. Softline is a Synthetic rope that is extremely soft and flexible, this means it is easy to handle. It is made from a variety of different materials (multi filament) so it feels different to normal polypropylene rope almost impervious to water as it floats but does not rot. It has also been UV stabilised so that it does not decompose in direct sunlight unlike Natural ropes and cheap rubber .
Cones ~ 1.6-2mm thick black bull hide oil Tanned
Tether ring ~ stainless 316L 4mm thick ring with leash locator to remove the risk of the ring getting caught up due to the leash obstructing movement.
portable feet ~ steel bar ,faced and bevelled zinc plated then powder coated in black M16 thread

4 sizes
little criter 1" perch
medium 1.5" perch
large 2" perch
small eagle 2 3/4" perch

And if it works a light weight portable bow perch for a female redtail for field work/ Training only weighing in at no more than 3lb as specified by customer!

This is one in the making
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0597.jpg (83.5 KB, 393 views)
Old 20-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Roy - Official Site Sponsor
Passage

Default Re: Traditional bow perchs

Not getting at you mick, but I thought all decent bows were done on a roller, mine are anyway. Still dont think you can beat rubber as a perch area.
32 sold in the last 2 weeks , thats quite a few. I'm at Harrow Barrow a few days next week, would like to pop in and see all the equipment your making, I'm turning out about 12 ring perches a fortnight and thats plenty enough for me
Regards
Roy
Old 30-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Steve Skinner
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talons Lair View Post
after 8 months of material testing traditonal bows are now in full swing and going off the shelf quicker than i can make them (32 sold in last 2 weeks)

Whipping ~ Black Softline yacht rope. Softline is a Synthetic rope that is extremely soft and flexible, this means it is easy to handle. It is made from a variety of different materials (multi filament) so it feels different to normal polypropylene rope almost impervious to water as it floats but does not rot. It has also been UV stabilised so that it does not decompose in direct sunlight unlike Natural ropes and cheap rubber .
Tether ring ~ stainless 316L 4mm thick ring with leash locator to remove the risk of the ring getting caught up due to the leash obstructing movement.
portable feet ~ steel bar ,faced and bevelled zinc plated then powder coated in black M16 thread

4 sizes
little criter 1" perch
medium 1.5" perch
large 2" perch
small eagle 2 3/4" perch

And if it works a light weight portable bow perch for a female redtail for field work/ Training only weighing in at no more than 3lb as specified by customer!

Nice to see a perch that is actually a traditional bow shape & not a hoop as so often seen, the ring flips over much easier. Well done mate, i bet that marine grade stainless is expensive.

Atb.
Old 30-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Haggard

Quote:

4 sizes
little criter 1" perch
medium 1.5" perch
large 2" perch
small eagle 2 3/4" perch

Very nice. Well done for making a proper shaped bow. Anymore pics?

Cheers
Dean
Old 30-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Egg

32 sold just last week? What planet are you on mate, cos it sure 'aint this one! I've read some ******** in my time but you beat the lot!

Quote:

Spec: Stainless steel 316L polished 20mm diameter
Rolled and not bent round your knee or convienient drum
Portable feet ~ steel bar ,faced and bevelled zinc plated then powder coated in black M16 thread

4 sizes
Little criter 1" perch
Medium 1.5" perch
Large 2" perch
Small eagle 2 3/4" perch

Old 30-07-2013, 11:06 PM
Roy - Official Site Sponsor
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
32 sold just last week? What planet are you on mate, cos it sure 'aint this one! I've read some ******** in my time but you beat the lot!
Funny you should say that, I was thinking the same
Old 30-07-2013, 11:26 PM
Barry
Passage

Some green eyed monsters on the thread with quality bows like that not surprised they are getting snapped up.

Barry
Old 30-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Stewart Robertson
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HendryHawk View Post
Some green eyed monsters on the thread with quality bows like that not surprised they are getting snapped up.

Barry
Wait until you see the ones I am getting Barry, I need about ten,
Old 30-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Egg

Do you call that a perch surface? I've seen a better surface on a budgie perch. I've just taken a look on your website, that was a laugh, virtually no stock of anything and everything made to order. Is that the sign of a great retailer mate. Ever thought about going on the dole

Traditonal bows are now in full swing and going off the shelf quicker than i can make them (32 sold in last 2 weeks)
Old 30-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Stewart Robertson
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loch Lomond View Post
Wait until you see the ones I am getting Barry, I need about ten,
And no, I am not getting them from here,