Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > EQUIPMENT & HOUSING > Hoods, Patterns, & Transport Boxes

Old 12-03-2017, 06:22 AM
Egg

Default Hood pattern generator

Good day
I`m going to make my first hood and saw this pattern generator program available on the net by Mr. M Thesing. Apparently this is a good way to start some patterns and experiment till iv`e got the feeling right for a masterpiece. Unfortunately I can`t seem to find the download link anywhere.
There is also a lot of inconsistency regarding the sizing of hoods and how they are recognized, but i`ll find out for my self through trail and error.
I`m living in south Africa and is very limited to resources even thou there is a few guys doing there part (East Coast Falconry supplies).
everything I do needs to be with what iv`e got and should be replaceable with ease. Then there is the matter of the blocks which is nonexistent in my country and very expensive to import.
Do anyone know where to find this program?
Is there any dimensions for the set of blocks available?
Any help will be appreciated.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:20 AM
Sam
Brancher

Default Re: Hood pattern generator

Here you go http://apfalconry.proboards.com/thread/5966?page=1
Old 12-03-2017, 07:24 AM
Jeff & Vicky
Passage

Default Re: Hood pattern generator

Hi
Go on the "modern apprentice" site and go to the hood section, scroll down through and there is a programme you can download for the slijper cannon. No blocks are needed for this hood and it's a good way to practice stitching etc. All you need to do is measure your bird behind the eyes and put this size into the program and it will print of a pattern in the right size. It's a start and then you can build from there. Beware though it is very addictive and frustrating at the same time and most of the ones you make will end up in the bin lol