Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Terms & Conditions, Policies & Rules

View Poll Results: Can you agree to this
Yes 13 72.22%
No 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Trevor Oertel
Passage

Default IFF Member Pledge

Following on from a previous thread

Http://falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=103817

When making use of the IFF whether I'm an owner, administrator, moderator or member, I pledge to:
  • accept the "Terms and Conditions" of the IFF
  • Respect and treat other members as I would like to be respected and treated
  • Behave like an adult and not a child
  • Accept that there are people from different backgrounds, countries and cultures on the IFF
  • Accept that certain practises in other countries might not be acceptable to me or legal in my county but they are in other countries
  • Accept that other people have rights and opinions too, and even if I don't agree with them I will respect their views and opinions
  • Accept that even if I think I might be God's gift to man/woman kind others have this right to
  • Accept that my falconry aspirations might not be other falconers aspirations
  • Respect others falconry like I expect them to respect my falconry
  • Accept that there are many different ways of training a hawk and my way is not the only way
  • Accept that I have the right to ignore people I dislike or be ignored by people that dislike me
  • Not stalk other members
  • Gang up on other members
  • Accept a ban or other disciplinary measure if I have broken the T&C of the IFF
  • Not try and sneak onto the IFF under a different user-name if banned
  • Think before I post
  • Accept that the Internet can be a difficult medium to express oneself on and one can be misunderstood and as such
  • Not to jump to conclusions if I take offence or umbrage to a post but rather ask for clarity
  • Walk away instead of getting involved in a bun fight
  • Understand that moderators are also human and can make mistakes
  • Treat falconers with a bit of respect if I'm an aspiring falconer asking questions
  • Treat aspiring falconers with a bit more patience or simply ignore them if they looking to be spoon feed.
  • Behave
Please feel free to add to this list. Just maybe we can help to make this a more pleasant place to share ours and others falconry journey.

Maybe we should start behaving and respecting the fact that "FALCONRY is a Living Human Heritage"

Http://falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=100522

Trevor waiting to be pushed off his soapbox or thrown off his high horse.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Jim Entwistle
Haggard

Default Re: IFF Member Pledge

Trevor I would research "The Working at Height Regulations 2005" before making these posts
Old 07-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Trevor Oertel
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutFlying View Post
Trevor I would research "The Working at Height Regulations 2005" before making these posts
PMSL Jim

I always wear a crash helmet and a safety harness - just in case.

Take care
Trevor
Old 07-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Jim Entwistle
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANBoPC View Post
PMSL Jim

I always wear a crash helmet and a safety harness - just in case.

Take care
Trevor
Clip on and keep posting.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Adam Fry
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANBoPC View Post
Following on from a previous thread

Http://falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=103817

When making use of the IFF whether I'm an owner, administrator, moderator or member, I pledge to:
  • Accept the "Terms and Conditions" of the IFF
  • Respect and treat other members as I would like to be respected and treated
  • Behave like an adult and not a child
  • Accept that there are people from different backgrounds, countries and cultures on the IFF
  • Accept that certain practises in other countries might not be acceptable to me or legal in my county but they are in other countries
  • Accept that other people have rights and opinions too, and even if I don't agree with them I will respect their views and opinions
  • Accept that even if I think I might be God's gift to man/woman kind others have this right to
  • Accept that my falconry aspirations might not be other falconers aspirations
  • Respect others falconry like I expect them to respect my falconry
  • Accept that there are many different ways of training a hawk and my way is not the only way
  • Accept that I have the right to ignore people I dislike or be ignored by people that dislike me
  • Not stalk other members
  • Gang up on other members
  • Accept a ban or other disciplinary measure if I have broken the T&C of the IFF
  • Not try and sneak onto the IFF under a different user-name if banned
  • Think before I post
  • Accept that the Internet can be a difficult medium to express oneself on and one can be misunderstood and as such
  • Not to jump to conclusions if I take offence or umbrage to a post but rather ask for clarity
  • Walk away instead of getting involved in a bun fight
  • Understand that moderators are also human and can make mistakes
  • Treat falconers with a bit of respect if I'm an aspiring falconer asking questions
  • Treat aspiring falconers with a bit more patience or simply ignore them if they looking to be spoon feed.
  • Behave
Please feel free to add to this list. Just maybe we can help to make this a more pleasant place to share ours and others falconry journey.

Maybe we should start behaving and respecting the fact that "FALCONRY is a Living Human Heritage"

Http://falconryforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=100522

Trevor waiting to be pushed off his soapbox or thrown off his high horse.
I agree, there is a lot of show boating on here, Could you add a poll to the thread so I can agree to the pledge
Old 07-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard

Trevor, for what its worth, I'll throw a few mattresses down to break your fall. I believe I suggested such a pledge some time ago but the idea never got off the drawing board. Well done for taking the time to give it a go.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Trevor Oertel
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Add View Post
I agree, there is a lot of show boating on here, Could you add a poll to the thread so I can agree to the pledge
Thanks Adam

My side shows there is a poll, however I must admit it was supposed to be a public poll i.e. one can see who voted what. Could a Moderator please fix this as I must have pushed the wrong button and don't seem to be able to edit it. Thanks.

ATB
Trevor

Last edited by SANBoPC; 07-02-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Adam Fry
Passage

With that said I assumed all of the above when I first logged on, and stupidly thought all members thought the same. How wrong I was
Old 07-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard

The Poll is Public Trev, 4 names on there as I type.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Trevor Oertel
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris View Post
Trevor, for what its worth, I'll throw a few mattresses down to break your fall. I believe I suggested such a pledge some time ago but the idea never got off the drawing board. Well done for taking the time to give it a go.
Thanks Si, I might need a mattress or two lol.

I remember your suggestion. I have to be honest some of the abuse on here leaves a bad taste and in truth I'm here to enjoy my and others cyber falconry not the constant bickering.

Can you have a look at making that stupid poll "public" whatever its called.

Take care
Trev