Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Terms & Conditions, Policies & Rules

View Poll Results: Can you agree to this
Yes 13 72.22%
No 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Trevor Oertel
Passage

Default Re: IFF Member Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris View Post
The Poll is Public Trev, 4 names on there as I type.
Thanks Si but can one see who voted what? Or is that a bad idea Maybe its best not to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Add View Post
With that said I assumed all of the above when I first logged on, and stupidly thought all members thought the same. How wrong I was
You and me both Adam. I left kinder garden years ago.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Mark
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANBoPC View Post

When making use of the IFF whether I'm an owner, administrator, moderator or member, I pledge to:
  • gang up on other members

I think that is what some people on hear have pledged already lol
Old 07-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Haggard

Whilst much of the pledge makes perfect sense. There are some bits that i could never agree with i am afraid.

There are opinions on this forum that i could never accept - or sit quietly while they are expressed. There are also practices in other countries that i think are just plain wrong.

Maybe i should walk away from a fight - however i am in the middle of a fight right now that walking away from would be most unwise!

I am happy to accept that moderators are human and make mistakes - but i would like to see moderators who make mistakes own up to them and say sorry!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Trevor Oertel
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark23576 View Post
i think that is what some people on hear have pledged already lol
Mark I think "cyber falconry" is all about hunting fellow falconers with the same vaguer (sp ?) we employ hunting quarry in the real world.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Mark
Passage

I think some thing like this in the t+c would stop a lot of the fighting and falling out if someone does not agree with what someone else is doing offer advice and help or stay out of it. if someone starts an arguement they should get a 7 day ban. if they want to argue take it to pm. if some tries to argue with you just dont get involved. simple really
Old 07-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Trevor Oertel
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallBeck View Post
Whilst much of the pledge makes perfect sense. There are some bits that i could never agree with i am afraid.

There are opinions on this forum that i could never accept - or sit quietly while they are expressed. There are also practices in other countries that i think are just plain wrong.

Maybe i should walk away from a fight - however i am in the middle of a fight right now that walking away from would be most unwise!

I am happy to accept that moderators are human and make mistakes - but i would like to see moderators who make mistakes own up to them and say sorry!
I hear you Charlie. Remember there are opinions and just being plain brain dead and the only cure for that is euthanasia.

Tell us of your fight so we can gang up on the Neanderthal .

I'm agree sometimes an apology from a moderator (or a fellow member) can go a long way. I find some Moderators tend to be on the defencive more often than they should. I guess it comes from some of the abuse they have been subjected too.

Cheers
Trev
Old 07-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Andy
Haggard

Quote:
Thanks Si but can one see who voted what? Or is that a bad idea Maybe its best not to know

You and me both Adam. I left kinder garden years ago.
i posted no as i dont agree with spoon feeding everyone and tip toeing around people. people are entitled to their opinion be it good or bad. the whole forum is biased!i got a infraction for swearing , when the whole swearing issue was about. which i do agree with but how certain people just dont get anything beats me!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:14 PM
John formerly It's Alright Ma
Haggard

Quote:
I find some Moderators tend to be on the defencive more often than they should.
Indeed, and why do they feel attacked? Hate to be controversial (hope my stalker isn't here) but, it's because they're out of their depth. Most mod's, (no offence to the others) are not the sharpest - this is the nature of recruitment with these things. We'd all have a lot more respect for each other, and in turn, for the next man, if the mods 'got it'. But they won't, and they don't, and everybody with any sense has seen that.

Trouble is Trev, the monkey's are gaining ground. And many of us can't be ersed.

Johny

Last edited by Johny; 08-02-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Jannes Kruger
Haggard

I whole heartedly agree with the pledge and voted as such, even though I have infringed and been infracted before and intend to infringe and be infracted again...

I agree with Charlie's objections as well, but having studied law for a few years I find it quite possible to agree and disagree with each of the pledge points simultaneously without contradicting myself with myself in a selfish or unselfish manner!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Ivan
Passage

I could only agree on the basis that all members had similar standards to myself and are concerned with practicing good falconry.
That is unfortunately quite far from the truth on here so no I could not agree to sit by and bite my lip.

It would be far better if this place was smaller and could have an enforceable code of conduct. Or at the very least some proper standards.