Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Terms & Conditions, Policies & Rules

Old 07-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Mark
Haggard

Default Re: Forum rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmaster View Post
The problem Mark, is people think they know everything instead of making sure they do the right thing, they try to get involved where they should not!

Mind you the wise like Jim have their fingers on the pulse or is he JUST BRIGHT?
Jim is wise ill give you that
Old 07-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Cris
Brancher

may be this is a good time to solve some confusion, i realise that it is required to be an upgraded member to advertise something for sale as this generates financial gain to the vendour but really confused as to why someone gets banned for enquiring as to possible breeders as surely this is part of the appeal to forum users and the supposedly upgraded breeders have paid for this market and advertising.
I normally refrain from the regular onslaught of mr hill but it is starting to become excessively restrictive in its use and appeal, surely the rather aggressive use of cyber power will eventually push formerly happy users away and then pop goes the revenue.(guess running the risk of my own ban now but if there is nerver any feed back how can we learn)
Old 07-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Paul Hill
Passage

Cris it is simple

Become an upgraded member and you can advertise your birds up to 3 clutches. More and then you need to be a sponsor.

Upgraded Members and sponsors birds can be recommended
Old 07-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Cris it is simple

Become an upgraded member and you can advertise your birds up to 3 clutches. More and then you need to be a sponsor.

Seriously Paul - it is a long way from being simple!

Sponsors and upgraded members change all the time - it's not easy to find out who has and who hasn't paid.

What about other products? Tak tonight for instance - there have been a load of recommendations on various teas and coffees. As far as i know - PG Tips isn't a sponsor!

Like many others i have no problem with you making money out of the IFF - but these bans recently aren't doing anyone any favours.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Cris
Brancher

Quote:
Cris it is simple

my query was more that people myself included have always used the forum as a way of accessing breeders with the unique ability of getting direct feed back from others with experience of the birds or breeders and this is much appreciated given the often tricky process of finding quality birds from honest breeders. as previously said i understand you should get a return on your creation but question the prolific use of banning which to me is detracting from the userbility of the site and has left me looking for alternatives which is a shame as made alot of good mates through iff but i'm a falconer not an IT guy andwant to hear about others birds, breeding and experiences.
Cris
Old 07-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Egg

Just like to say hello first
One of the first threads i hve come across tonigh as i join and im wondering what on earth all this is about,i was lead to believe this site was for falconers talking about falconry not politics and all the rubbish that goes on in the sport these days ,i see the sport these days in a bad way with all the birds getting bred for the sake of it not to get better and better bloodlines for us to fly and enjoy ,not just a case of putting to birds together to make a few pounds.and put more birds on the market for sale for every tom,dick and harry to buy and walk down the streets with
.well im of for a read on the rest of the forum so bye for now
Old 07-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Scott Baldwin
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Pitch View Post
just like to say hello first
one of the first threads i hve come across tonigh as i join and im wondering what on earth all this is about,i was lead to believe this site was for falconers talking about falconry not politics and all the rubbish that goes on in the sport these days ,i see the sport these days in a bad way with all the birds getting bred for the sake of it not to get better and better bloodlines for us to fly and enjoy ,not just a case of putting to birds together to make a few pounds.and put more birds on the market for sale for every tom,dick and harry to buy and walk down the streets with
.well im of for a read on the rest of the forum so bye for now
Well said that man
ATB Scott
Old 08-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Egg

this is such a crazy thing ,people have to know who is a sponcer and who is not and keep upto date with this or it results in a ban ,if you so against posts like this then get your mod team to vet every post before it goes onto the main forum as its such a confusing way to run a forum ,or charge everybody then they cant upset hawkmaster and people wont get banned then for a slip of the finger ......
It should be about falconry not money
Old 08-06-2011, 11:26 AM
Emily
Brancher

Default Re: Forum Rules

What i find crazy is the forum has a "show us what you have made section" but if you put a picture up of something you have done for somebody (which is not for sale) and someone asks you how much, you get acused of being commercial asked to pay ú30.00 per month and when you refuse you get a lifetime ban lol just seems all a bit childish to me, Em x.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Paul Hill
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallBeck View Post
What about other products? Tak tonight for instance - there have been a load of recommendations on various teas and coffees. As far as i know - PG Tips isn't a sponsor!
Charlie PG Tips has nothing to do with falconry so there is no problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallBeck View Post
Like many others i have no problem with you making money out of the IFF - but these bans recently aren't doing anyone any favours.
If that was the case then people should upgrade to Subscribed Members and then things can relax and every one will get on fine and that way the upgraded members will be showing their support for the forum that so many make money from, benefit educationally, enjoy a social experience and gain falconry knowledge, insight and many other benefits

It is easy click on this click and upgrade:
Http://falconryforum.co.uk/payments.php