Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Terms & Conditions, Policies & Rules

Old 08-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Kevin - UK Falconers Club Rep
Haggard

Default Re: Forum Rules

If in doubt..........ASK ............. simples
Old 08-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Paul Hill
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Massey View Post
If in doubt..........ASK ............. simples
Correct Kevin and I am sure even you will agree I am not unreasonable and do have empathy to each individual, as MANY can testify to, although they remain silent, and MOST the time do not come up with their end of the bargain
Old 08-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Kevin - UK Falconers Club Rep
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmaster View Post
Correct Kevin and I am sure even you will agree I am not unreasonable and do have empathy to each individual, as MANY can testify to, although they remain silent, and MOST the time do not come up with their end of the bargain

I think it is fair to say I am probably one of your biggest critics... and have questioned some of your actions including what you are doing with all this....However Yes you are 100% correct when I contacted you about some of the things I was posting and not sure how well they sat with the new rules etc you were absolutely reasonable, understanding and above all helpful. Even to the point where I was convinced you would have issue the response was more supportive than anything else and for that I am sure not only me but the UKFC and the Chase in particular appriciate this along with the IFF members that get to read it.

I have mentioned a few times now that one only needs to ask to find out the score and also maybe it will help them in there plight as it may get a person off on a better footing for just asking rather than take for granted

As it happens there was no need for me to upgrade my membership in this case however I did upgrade it to give me a little bit more flexability and a few more bells and whistles which are alone worth the 8p per day as it works out.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Paul Hill
Passage

On the linking issue Kev (and really for everyone elses info), the IFF has never had a problem linking to anyone or site, that is a non commercial falconry wise site but all I ask is a reciprocating link to the IFF

Thanks for your support Kev it shows you character when you support the site and put aside the past APPRECIATED and also the fact you support the site
Old 08-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Adam Fry
Passage

Default Re: Forum rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmaster View Post
Cris it is simple

Become an upgraded member and you can advertise your birds up to 3 clutches. More and then you need to be a sponsor.

Upgraded Members and sponsors birds can be recommended
Paul, you are seriously suggesting that anyone who pays to advertise the fee will be reccomended by the forum heirachy? If this is the case, I will be buying a pair of HH next year, breed and upgrade!. You have no idea how the parents/young fed, the rearing method used in comparison to the advert, or how the seller gives advice/aftercare to the buyer. I could be selling to Jo bloggs who wants a bird after starting falconry from seeing my (upgraded, IFF supported) thread and has no clue on what to do with it. Surely the word of mouth is a better way to go? I joined this site to share/gain information about falconry but am now finding that people are banned left right and centre for recommending a breeder/supplier that is not on the payrole. Surely all the equipment/food/transport solutions/telem. you use is not from the sponsers on here?
Old 08-06-2011, 08:39 PM
John Winder
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Add View Post
Paul, you are seriously suggesting that anyone who pays to advertise the fee will be reccomended by the forum heirachy? If this is the case, I will be buying a pair of HH next year, breed and upgrade!. You have no idea how the parents/young fed, the rearing method used in comparison to the advert, or how the seller gives advice/aftercare to the buyer. I could be selling to Jo bloggs who wants a bird after starting falconry from seeing my (upgraded, IFF supported) thread and has no clue on what to do with it. Surely the word of mouth is a better way to go? I joined this site to share/gain information about falconry but am now finding that people are banned left right and centre for recommending a breeder/supplier that is not on the payrole. Surely all the equipment/food/transport solutions/telem. you use is not from the sponsers on here?
Put me down for a hh next year!!!!!!. You should be banned for advertising
Old 08-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Adam Fry
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenJohnny View Post
Put me down for a hh next year!!!!!!. You should be banned for advertising
Really?? If I pay you dont have a clue what I am doing but will get a shed load of buyers from here Wont be breeding as I am too busy but the point stands. If I was a sponser I could, would, and can get a lot of sales from it.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Philip
Passage

Boils down to one thing ! ITS PAULS SITE! like it or lump it. and to be honest when paul was busy with his own affairs , the site was going down hill but now he is back in the saddle , its better. .. and em it costs only 15pd per mth to advertise not 30! seems fair to me . rules are rules, shame some dont follow the falconry rules, instead of winging on here!atb phil
Old 08-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Mark
Haggard

I take it the site is not up for sale now
Old 08-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Mick Lewis
Passage

items and articles for sale should be in the classifieds section and not have links in your signature .
sponsors have the banner facility to advertise freely

Mick