Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Terms & Conditions, Policies & Rules

Old 22-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Calvin
Haggard

Default Re: Only a forum?

Ahh. Bless she means well. Lol. She wll need to get some braided ones lol aqqqqQ
Old 22-07-2010, 03:21 PM
George
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanopus View Post
Ping goes the thong........
Old 22-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Banned
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Sorry for posting folks, but does anyone know what the purpose of this forum is?

Just that falconers keep posting up something about it being 'only a forum' and I keep finding evidence that the new world forum advice is disproportionately undermining falconry values. Yet I see ambivalence or unawareness of trend to this, in experienced falconers. To think that forums have no bearing on falconry practice in reality is folly. Just a forum eh, who knows?

Johny
Primarily its a privately owned business, and as a business its run to make money from its sponsors. If its falconry you are after you really do need to join a club if your into community hawking.

I wouldnt take things too seriously and realise its just cyberspace at the end of the day.
Old 22-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Mario
Brancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Brandi, it's the attitude to people who can take this forum out of danger zone that's surprised and annoyed me. These people now are banned or don't post very often.

This is only a forum, but the point is that it can, and I know it does, influence practice. If more than 50 % of the contributors to an 'advice' thread purport cack, then the beginner is either confused or potentially a damage to his charge. If enough of this happens, it will damage falconry. The forum acts like it's not responsible, when in fact it is. The forum should be valuing it's sensible contributors, not dismissing them and waving goodbye.

Johny
Here is my two cents for what it is worth. Lead by example (generalizing here, not saying you). The attitude to people is usually in self defense. There are a lot of posts that should not stay up, when people complain, others complain that they are being censored. I get what you are saying with the garbage posts being damaging to falconry. But, there is a right way and a wrong way to correct that information. Most of the time, the person correcting the individual posting the information, is done in the wrong way. That is what is hurting this forum the most!
Old 22-07-2010, 08:51 PM
John formerly It's Alright Ma
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongVVing View Post
Primarily its a privately owned business, and as a business its run to make money from its sponsors. If its falconry you are after you really do need to join a club if your into community hawking.

I wouldnt take things too seriously and realise its just cyberspace at the end of the day.
Sorry, I think you might've missed the point too. But on the money matters, yes this is true. However, there can be more money made if a positive reputation is achieved. Even someone as unbusiness minded as I can recognize that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtHawking View Post
Here is my two cents for what it is worth. Lead by example (generalizing here, not saying you). The attitude to people is usually in self defense. There are a lot of posts that should not stay up, when people complain, others complain that they are being censored. I get what you are saying with the garbage posts being damaging to falconry. But, there is a right way and a wrong way to correct that information. Most of the time, the person correcting the individual posting the information, is done in the wrong way. That is what is hurting this forum the most!
Yes Mario, I agree with you. Human nature, human interaction, especially from behind a keyboard, is fraught with difficulties.
Old 23-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Tom Bryce
Haggard

Only forum, a falconry forum where we discuss the sport amongst fellow falconers. There are other topics that we discuss, share banter etc, but at it's heart a falconry forum. Falconry is a sport that needs protecting, especially in a time where anything goes. Of late I'm seeing less regard for a birds welfare and the laws that exsist around our sport. The forum has a lot of positive, but lately is showing it's negative side, where people seem to think they can do and say what they like. It's only a forum eh!

Tom
Old 23-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Goshawker
Passage

take all with a pinch of salt

learn who the berks are (pretty easy)

do your best to ignore the bull(easier said than done)

fly your bird hard
Atb..
Old 23-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Tom Bryce
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
take all with a pinch of salt

learn who the berks are (pretty easy)

do your best to ignore the bull(easier said than done)

fly your bird hard
atb..
Should make that a sticky for newcomers to read.

Tom
Old 23-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Goshawker
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB View Post
Should make that a sticky for newcomers to read.

Tom

Atb..
Old 23-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Haggard

For quite some time now I've wondered who the hell is voting to keep Anne Widdecombe on Strictly Come Dancing.
I think it was that 'flight' sequence she did that got her the falconry vote.
Can't beat forums full of voters.