Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FALCONRY HUNTING & HAWKING DISCUSSIONS > Law, Exams, Land, Weather & Trapping

Old 04-10-2017, 09:02 PM
Duane Skuce
Passage

Default Australian Falconers

Need Our Support

All falconers need to either write a letter or send an email to:

Australian Prime Minister
Malcolm Turnbull

http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/

Https://www.pm.gov.au/contact-your-pm

Asking why the government acknowledges the world laws re internet, yet refuses to acknowledge a Human Heritage Cultural Activity that the rest of the world has ? They need to install falconry regulations & wild capture laws to protect this very special art for future generations. Every letter & email forces them to answer, with no actual defence they will appear very misinformed.

Last edited by CuCulaine; 04-10-2017 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Missed something
Old 06-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Duane Skuce
Passage

Default Re: Australian Falconers

This is what I sent in support, I hope others follow my lead.

Prime Minister Malcolm

Sir:

I fail to see the reasoning in your failure to embrace a recognized World Cultural Heritage activity to wit Falconry. Unless you hope this sport will not prosper or continue your future generations, contrary to the rest of the worlds view on the subject. You have a problem with rabbits that costs your government thousands of dollars per year, well probably the foremost prey in this sport are rabbits.

Its also a gold mine for Falconers to bring their birds to hunt, dogs a rabbit population with no limits on take, in other words people will pay to hunt your rabbits, especially with their birds. Why you don't establish Falconry rules & regulations with a wild take is unbelievable in this day & age.

Sincerely

Duane Skuce

580 Michigan Ave

Sarnia, Ontario

Canada, N7V1K9
Old 06-10-2017, 11:38 PM
Duane Skuce
Passage

Default Re: Australian Falconers NEED our help

PLEASE send an email at least to support our brothers & sisters in the sport, takes all of 10 mins and may make a world of difference for them.

Failure to Acknowledge World Cultural Activity
Contact

Government

Prime Minister Malcolm
Bill.Shorten.MP@aph.gov.au

News Paper
www.smh.com.au

Sir:

Are you aware of how this is hurting your citizens, and this cultural activity ? I would petition you to read this to your parliament for awareness and rectify this asap.

Prime Minister Malcolm

Sir:

I fail to see the reasoning in your failure to embrace a recognized World Cultural Heritage activity to wit Falconry. Unless you hope this sport will not prosper or continue your future generations, contrary to the rest of the worlds view on the subject. You have a problem with rabbits that costs your government thousands of dollars per year, well probably the foremost prey in this sport are rabbits.

Its also a gold mine for Falconers to bring their birds to hunt, dogs a rabbit population with no limits on take, in other words people will pay to hunt your rabbits, (increase tourism) , especially with their birds. Why you don't establish Falconry rules & regulations with a wild take is unbelievable in this day & age, especially allowing falconers around the world to hunt your vermin.

CANBERRA ACT 2600

Sincerely

Duane Skuce

580 Michigan Ave

Sarnia, Ontario

Canada, N7V1K9
Old 18-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Michael Calvin
Haggard

Interesting!

I’m the Australian national delegate to the IAF and have been working at this for a good few years now.

Australia isn’t signed up to the particular part of UNESCO which recognises any Intangible Cultural Heritage so they’ll dismiss that aspect.

I’m interested in your thoughts as to why you think the plan of action that you are suggesting might work, particularly why you think Australians might consider for one fraction of a second the possibility of wild take of protected raptors for ‘sport’ (just playing a little at Devil’s advocate, you’ll understand).

Love your enthusiasm. Michael.
Old 18-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Michael Calvin
Haggard

And of course all Australian Wildlfe laws and regulation is overseen by the individual States and Territories. That makes it very difficult from a national point of view. In some states you can hunt and shoot quail and ducks, in others you can use ferrets to hunt rabbits, in others you can’t do any of these things, it’s very complicated!

There’s also possibly the tightest bio security rules in the world in place so the notion that falconers might ‘bring their birds’ would only raise serious concerns....they have import/export restrictions from one State to another!

There are many difficulties that need to be understood.
Old 20-10-2017, 05:14 AM
Trevor Oertel
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOlivia View Post
Australian Wildlfe laws and regulation is overseen by the individual States and Territories. That makes it very difficult from a national point of view. In some states you can hunt and shoot quail and ducks, in others you can use ferrets to hunt rabbits, in others you can’t do any of these things, it’s very complicated!

There’s also possibly the tightest bio security rules in the world in place so the notion that falconers might ‘bring their birds’ would only raise serious concerns....they have import/export restrictions from one State to another!

There are many difficulties that need to be understood.
A few weeks ago I posted the following on Facebook:

I can only encourage anyone who has an interest in falconry in Australia to get in touch with Michael Calvin as he has the "blueprint" and together take this forward as an organised group looking after the common interest of all current and potential future Australian falconers.

Please don't send off "chain mail" to authorities as potentially they could have a negative effect and undo years of hard work.

As Michael pointed out he is the Australian Delegate to the IAF so let's rather leave things in the hands of organised falconry.

Trevor
Old 20-10-2017, 03:21 PM
Bradley Church
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANBoPC View Post
A few weeks ago I posted the following on Facebook:

I can only encourage anyone who has an interest in falconry in Australia to get in touch with Michael Calvin as he has the "blueprint" and together take this forward as an organised group looking after the common interest of all current and potential future Australian falconers.

Please don't send off "chain mail" to authorities as potentially they could have a negative effect and undo years of hard work.

As Michael pointed out he is the Australian Delegate to the IAF so let's rather leave things in the hands of organised falconry.

Trevor
I couldn't agree more, I can see the Australian government responding better to a knowledgeable individual to represent Falconry.

I have been meaning to ask and this has reminded me - how are thing's going with it all at the minute Mike? Has much progress been made?

Kind Regards,

Bradley