Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > EQUIPMENT & HOUSING > Mews, Weatherings or Temporary Housing

Old 23-05-2017, 10:50 PM
Egg

Question Indoor Mews

Hi all,
For those who don't know me, I'm a pre-apprentice falconer that just found someone willing to sponsor me. I'm planning on getting a bird next season if the opportunity presents it, so I'm reading up and getting prepared for the big test and the bird that comes after.
I've done a multitude of research and most sources only vaguely give suggestions on indoor mews, which is what I've been leaning towards for housing. There doesn't seem to be a thread dedicated to them on here either. Any descriptions or pictures of your guys's indoor mews would be great inspiration to me!
Thanks, Mad
Old 24-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Angie Rooney
Passage

Default Re: Indoor Mews

Hi Mad,

These are pictures of our indoor mews, they all have coop cups for water, dont let anyone tell you falcons don't drink !! all of ours drink most nights when put away, kiln dries sand for easy cleaning, you must not ever feed on sand as they can get impaction. Heat lamps in case birds get wet or its very cold, we do also have oil filled radiators, which are set at 10 deg, again only used in the winter months, and a de humidifier for the summer. Never had a problem in 30 years of keeping birds like this, no problem with sand getting under jessies, some of our birds sand bath as well. Our birds go out on the lawn every day and flown. Hope this was helpful. We clean out every day as it is so easy, so keeps the birds living conditions clean and tidy.
DSCN0146.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg
Old 25-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Gerry Plant
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 12 View Post
Hi all,
For those who don't know me, I'm a pre-apprentice falconer that just found someone willing to sponsor me. I'm planning on getting a bird next season if the opportunity presents it, so I'm reading up and getting prepared for the big test and the bird that comes after.
I've done a multitude of research and most sources only vaguely give suggestions on indoor mews, which is what I've been leaning towards for housing. There doesn't seem to be a thread dedicated to them on here either. Any descriptions or pictures of your guys's indoor mews would be great inspiration to me!
Thanks, Mad
Hi Mad - have you tried www.nafex.net

Gerry x
Old 25-05-2017, 04:20 PM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugezWolf View Post
Hi Mad - have you tried www.nafex.net

Gerry x
Yes I have, I even made an account, but on the computer I'm using it isn't working.
Old 25-05-2017, 09:56 PM
Egg

I believe NAFEX is down. Been down for several days.... Atleast on my end anyway...