Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FALCONRY HUNTING & HAWKING DISCUSSIONS > General Falconry & Bird Talk

Old 11-09-2017, 06:45 AM
Barry Blyther
Passage

Default Re: Lure machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa View Post
i can not comment on bull x ,s larger machine but the mini machine in my opinion is not fit for purpose. although in appearance it looked the dogs danglys but as said the internals were pathetic. the motor is a r/c plane starter and produces good rpm but no torque hence it can only pull a lure of 6 grams, these motors run the armature on dry bearings in the outer plastic housing and are of a loose fit resulting in immense vibration once a pulley wheel is attached. all the components inside looked as if they were superglued in place. flash box but poor guts.
I am not out to run bull x down but I shelled out ú549 and was horrified at exactly how it was put together using cheap components.it was sent back and I was refunded in full.
I was in no way interested in a replacement unit.
the one I have made and bearing in mind this is the first try mock up but fully working in every aspect can be made smaller but it is still very portable , it measures
15 x 8 x 8 but can be made 13 x 7 x 7. it has a 24v 300w
motor of which is no bigger than the r/c motor in the bull x mini and battery life is over 5 hours. it provides more torque hence being able to pull a far heavier load. the bull x mini lasts an approximate 30 minutes. in easy terms my machine is capable of pulling in over 10 miles of line and more at full speed. produces speed between 0 and 60 + mph ,I have yet to weigh it but weight can be remedied yet still easy to carry with one hand . I have used heavier rated control boards, relays, etc and with a remote unit beyond 200 yrds, bull x = 60 yrds
removable pulleys and can be fitted with a larger pulley reel, bull x reels on mini cannot be removed.
non snag system, very easy once you apply a few brain cells , basically imagine when a fishing reel gets over loaded with line very quickly, this does not happen with mine. I use a 240 v plug in charger, small male pin port at back of box. I used it for over 5 hours with out charge and still showed 19 volts remaining on meter.
total cost around ú140
I use it to train my dog and will start using it for fitness purposes with my red.

easy to make , very robust indeed but you need the use of a lathe for pulley wheel stepped spindle.
I'll take one when you start taking orders!
Barry.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:24 AM
Allen Elliot
Brancher

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0M View Post
Are you planning on selling these or are you willing to pass on the instructions on how to make them?
Thanks
Tom
Tom, with all due respect at this present moment in time I will not release any further detail , as said this is a mock up working model but I need to refine it and test it until something destructs, this may be by pulling added weight beyond its capabilities , I need to know that it will last . if it is a non viable product to produce then I will be happy to release all the workings in detail. it has taken me some great thought to design this and better what is already on the market ( which is very limited ) especially for a compact robust machine.
I have made some videos but due to the fact I keep laughing in them as my dog tries to catch the lure I can not release them but soon I shall try and up load a vid without the chuckles.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:04 AM
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa View Post
tom, with all due respect at this present moment in time I will not release any further detail , as said this is a mock up working model but I need to refine it and test it until something destructs, this may be by pulling added weight beyond its capabilities , I need to know that it will last . if it is a non viable product to produce then I will be happy to release all the workings in detail. it has taken me some great thought to design this and better what is already on the market ( which is very limited ) especially for a compact robust machine.
I have made some videos but due to the fact I keep laughing in them as my dog tries to catch the lure I can not release them but soon I shall try and up load a vid without the chuckles.
That's brilliant. Thanks for that.

As for the video I know what you mean although it's mostly swear words that mess up mine haha.

Atb
Tom