Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > NON ENGLISH SPEAKING FALCONRY FORUMS > Forum Internazzjonali Tal Falkunerijja

Old 07-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Egg

Default New to the Hobby

To whom it may concern,

Jien malti minn Paola....nixtieq nibda dan il passatemp imma qabel ma nibda nixtieq nitrenja ma xi hadd esperjenzat....ax hekk tista titghallem liktar...bhalissa qed naqra il ktieb ta Emma Ford hu qed nsibu interessanti hafna.

Milli qed naqra fuq forums etc ghal hawn Malta lahjar hawk hija il-Harris Hawk ghax hija tajba al beginner issa nixtieq naqa informazzjoni fuq lghazla tal bidu uekk thx a lot guys

Sam=]
Old 07-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Adam Fry
Passage

Default Re: New to the Hobby

HELLO
Old 07-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Egg

Hi again,

Im Samwel Vella 18 years old from Paola, Malta(Europe)...I am finding that falconry is a very nice and demanding hobby and that is what I want ) for n ow i just want to find an experienced austringer/falconer to train with him first before I buy a hawk etc...its not fair to the bird eh..

Right now im reading ''Falconry Art and Practice'' by emma ford very useful book and HELPFUL FOR THE BEGINNER

From reading in forums,books etc they say that the best for a beginner should start with a Harris Hawk and by the looks of our small island i think its the best solution...we dont have very large plain fields fo falcons etc...

if you have any help please share IT )

Warmest regards,

Sam =]
Old 22-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Egg

HI SAMWEL,
HI I AM JOE I LIVE IN ENGLAND BUT I COME FORM QORIM MALTA . I HAVE BEEN A FALCONER FOR 27 YEARS. I HAVE A HARRIS HAWK SHE IS MOULTING I WELL BE OUT WITH HER SOON . THERE IS A FALCONRY CENTER AT SIGGIEWI . THE BEST BOOKS I FIND IS FALCONY AND HAWKING.BY PHILLIP GLASIER--TRAINING BIRDS OF PREY-BY JEMIMA PARRY-JONES. AND THE HARRIS HAWK. BY LEE WILLIAM HARRIS. GOOD LUCK FROM JOE.
Old 21-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Chick

Hi Samwel I am Lawrence and I am glad that at least you started trying to get information before buying a bird like many people do. We have a club here in Malta and if you are really interested you can jion us. Most of Sundays afternoons we will be flying our birds close to Buskett. If you want to come and have a look you will be more than welcome.