Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Server, Software Features & Feedback Issues

View Poll Results: Remove Non Falconry Topic to everyone except Full Featured Members?
Yes 5 11.36%
No 24 54.55%
Who cares! 15 34.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-06-2011, 06:49 PM
John formerly It's Alright Ma
Haggard

Default Non Falconry Threads

Be warned, this is one.

I guess this issue crops up a lot; whether the forum would be improved by the absence of threads like these? Pointless distractions from the important business of falconry. And yes indeed, I can see the point - 'tis a falconry forum, so why the heck folk not talking about falconry all the time? I reckon the answer is plain, but maybe it isn't.

But it's a dilemma you see. Generally speaking the most interesting threads, to most people, are those involving some sort of issue. Be it a discussion issue or someone's mishap/misadventure. Other than this, threads are an information exchange, fact or not, or a recount of experiences (diaries), also fact or not. Thank the lord for the diary thread.

The crux then is this; would the forum be better off without non falconry threads? I hear many say it would. Only recently, I saw Paul suggest (in humour I assume) that such threads could become privy only to the full featured member (think I'm only half featured). I don't know if this would work, as it's the full featured that oft seem anti non falconry threads

I'd welcome a vote tho', to clear matters up, 'least see where the forum stands on this. If a mods in the building?

All the best

Johny
Old 22-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Passage

Default Re: Non Falconry Threads

My vote would be to get rid of non falconry topics
Old 22-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bishop View Post
my vote would be to get rid of non falconry topics
Thanks David, let's see what democracy does for us then. Feel free to elaborate on your reasoning, as this will assist the process of potential change.
Old 22-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Mark
Haggard

I would vote to get rid of non falconry threads to be honest Johny your banned for 30 days for starting one and im banned for life for starting more than one
Old 22-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
i would vote to get rid of non falconry threads to be honest Johny your banned for 30 days for starting one and im banned for life for starting more than one
I don't get in Mark, I thought that was the reason for the forums success - it is a social network that revolves around falconry, not a falconry network that revolves around information. We are a social beast you see, or are we?
Old 22-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Thanks David, let's see what democracy does for us then. Feel free to elaborate on your reasoning, as this will assist the process of potential change.
as the tittle says inter falconry forum , not lets talk about anything forum, facebook is for that
Old 22-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Passage

I think we should keep the 'non-falconry' threads. The majority are connected to some form of animal husbandry one way or another, and of interest to many.
Many members also partake in photography, painting, taxidermy and various country sports to name but a few, and I for one, find many of these topics interesting
Alison
Passage

I guess you have to better define falconry first. If the strictest description was to be followed where would all the raptor abusers and messers go to post?
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bishop View Post
as the tittle says inter falconry forum , not lets talk about anything forum, facebook is for that
I don't have a facebook. Besides, is there anything the matter with folk branching out in discussion while we may have an iota of common ground? I mean, people can always ignore side conversations and it's easy to sift through with the forum software. Most imbecilic threads are still falconry related, incidentally.
Old 22-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Sean Donnelly
Haggard

Johny, a lot of the long running and big hit threads are non falconry, some of them contraversial (sp) and some of them not, where do you draw the line at non falconry threads, Art and Photography threads seem to do very well, they may well be non falconry but one might suggest that they are falconry related as there are lots of studies of bop.