Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Server, Software Features & Feedback Issues

View Poll Results: Remove Non Falconry Topic to everyone except Full Featured Members?
Yes 5 11.36%
No 24 54.55%
Who cares! 15 34.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22-06-2011, 07:34 PM
John formerly It's Alright Ma
Haggard

Default Re: Non Falconry Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Bevan View Post
I think we should keep the 'non-falconry' threads. The majority are connected to some form of animal husbandry one way or another, and of interest to many.
Many members also partake in photography, painting, taxidermy and various country sports to name but a few, and I for one, find many of these topics interesting

I thought you might say that Colin

I tend to agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Alison View Post
I guess you have to better define falconry first. If the strictest description was to be followed where would all the raptor abusers and messers go to post?
A very astute point Alison - where would they go indeed? A definition is now required - but not of falconry of 'falconry forum'.
Old 22-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean D View Post
Johny, a lot of the long running and big hit threads are non falconry, some of them contraversial (sp) and some of them not, where do you draw the line at non falconry threads, Art and Photography threads seem to do very well, they may well be non falconry but one might suggest that they are falconry related as there are lots of studies of bop.
Very true Sean - in favour or not. Show your cards!
Old 22-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Adam Fry
Passage

Johny, I see where you are coming from, and have been guilty of starting and replying to many non falconry threads ( a few of both mine and yours ).
As a bit of background, I own a few care homes and never ask my staff to do anything I wouldnt / have not done in the past. I would suggest that many on here take their lead from the owner, and If he is not happy with the threads started maybe he starts a thread this season on his new bird, sorry, friends bird he is flying for them. If he was to be realistic and honest about his falconry then maybe, just maybe others would.
ATB.
Old 22-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Haggard

I think we should remove all non falconry related threads - with the exception of this one

In the meantime, someone could start a new forum..... and all the 'yibber yabbers' could join up and talk non falconry to thier hearts content.

Old 22-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean White View Post
I think we should remove all non falconry related threads - with the exception of this one

In the meantime, someone could start a new forum..... and all the 'yibber yabbers' could join up and talk non falconry to thier hearts content.

I take it that this would include all non-falconry 'photography' threads too Sean ?
Old 22-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Add View Post
Johny, I see where you are coming from, and have been guilty of starting and replying to many non falconry threads ( a few of both mine and yours ).
As a bit of background, I own a few care homes and never ask my staff to do anything I wouldnt / have not done in the past. I would suggest that many on here take their lead from the owner, and If he is not happy with the threads started maybe he starts a thread this season on his new bird, sorry, friends bird he is flying for them. If he was to be realistic and honest about his falconry then maybe, just maybe others would.
ATB.
Hi Add, you lost me about half way through there mate - who you on about?

Anyway, I find that when in a social group with falconers, gypsies, golfers, bean bag sewers, underwear merchants, whatever; Our converstation need not remain rigid to our common interest.

Sure, you will get the odd weirdo saying 'hey you there in the corner!, why you talking about lady gaga!?'. But generally in the group, folk recognize that their interest is what bonds them, not what defines them or their conversation flexibility. Weird to think then that anyone would expect such rigidity on a social forum, whatever the main subject matter.

Johny
Old 22-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Bevan View Post
I take it that this would include all non-falconry 'photography' threads too Sean ?
YES Colin... myself included.
Old 22-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Passage

Come on then whoever is responsible for this kinda stuff...organise a poll
Old 22-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Haggard

I think we should get rid of all the falconry threads.

Would make things far more entertaining.
Old 22-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallBeck View Post
I think we should get rid of all the falconry threads.

Would make things far more entertaining.
Sarcastic son of gun