Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Server, Software Features & Feedback Issues

Old 10-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard

Default Fight Club

Due to a number of long standing feuds on the forum between certain members, we have an idea to create an area where members who have issues can be given private access to a thread in order to sort out their differences once and for all. As you know some of these arguments often ruin threads and cause no end of problems.

Here's the general idea and we would like your feedback.

1. Any member can invite any other member onto such a thread to resolve a problem.
2. Only the 2 members and Moderating staff and Admin will have access to the thread, but the thread will remain unmoderated.
3. we will set either a time limit for the problem to be resolved or a post limit, or both.
4. If the 2 members fail to resolve their issues or fail to agree on a resolution that will stop them argueing on the open forum, they will both be banned for a period of possibly 60 days.

This is just an idea at this stage and we welcome your feedback.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 PM
David Goodwin
Haggard

Default Re: Fight Club

Good idea that Simon rarther than bans they could sort out like adults , as 9 times out of 10 its just how things are written that can take it out of text .
Old 10-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Grant
Passage

i think its a great idea simon ..... however there may be people that will never agree or sort it out and it may be valuble members so would banning them be a good idea ? ... what about a small fine towards the forum and if refused to pay an outright ban
Old 10-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beddyman View Post
i think its a great idea simon ..... however there may be people that will never agree or sort it out and it may be valuble members so would banning them be a good idea ? ... what about a small fine towards the forum and if refused to pay an outright ban
We can't fine people and then ban them for not paying!

If the people in question are constantly arguning on the forum and spoiling threads then it begs the question of how valuable their input is.

How long should the ban be, it has to be long enough to make it worth the hassle?

How long should they be given to sort things out?
Old 10-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Haggard

I think the fights should be left public - keeps things honest that way.

In the real world fights end up in court. Anyone can go and sit in a courgt and see that fight resolved, seems like a good idea to me.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Grant
Passage

I know what your sayin simon but a ban would prob make them go elswhere and say **** you prob ..but then would that be a bad thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallBeck View Post
I think the fights should be left public - keeps things honest that way.

In the real world fights end up in court. Anyone can go and sit in a courgt and see that fight resolved, seems like a good idea to me.
There you go leave it open and let the other members read but not post and the members can be the jury and decide who if anyone gets band ...
Old 10-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Paul Hill
Passage

I agree with the last two posters, that it should be open to the membership but I do not think that ALL members should be able to see it, for many reasons and my first is, I don't think it is good for people that are new to falconry to see the mud slinging from the get go, lets ease the in to it rather

BeddyMan nobody will decide ho is guilty ONLY the two paties will work it out or be banned.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:35 PM
David Goodwin
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmaster View Post
I agree with the last two posters, that it should be open to the membership but I do not think that ALL members should be able to see it, for many reasons and my first is, I don't think it is good for people that are new to falconry to see the mud slinging from the get go, lets ease the in to it rather
Couldnt agree more Paul
Old 10-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Mark
Brancher

Totaly agree with hawkmaster
Atb mark
Old 10-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Pete
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmaster View Post

BeddyMan nobody will decide ho is guilty ONLY the two paties will work it out or be banned.
works for me .

should make a good thread ( or threads ) , will it be on a par with the old farts , over 18's , and political sections paul ?