Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Server, Software Features & Feedback Issues

Old 18-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Paul Hill
Passage

Default Re: 2013 Forum Site Improvements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallPeregrine View Post
Real name under forum name and their true location too, ie Middle Earth or Accupulco is not true when they really live in Scotland
Working on it all the time Phil.

The problem is how can one tell without hours or time and hands on work that the data is true? I alway will gracious of another way of verifying peoples accounts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJ View Post
Maybe drop the post count to 50 to allow pm's, I think 100 is a touch over kill.

Atb

Ric.
We tried that in the past Ric and it never worked.
We had spammers.
Off topic posts everywhere.
Trouble makers.
Multiple usernames and they even spoke to themselves backing themselves up in arguments.

100 quality falconry posts is not to much to ask for a real genuine person interested in falconry and prepared to stand up and support the forum, which gives so much for as little as 8p a day.

Or do you think it is unreasonable bud?
Old 18-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmaster View Post
Working on it all the time Phil.

The problem is how can one tell without hours or time and hands on work that the data is true? I alway will gracious of another way of verifying peoples accounts?
Phil's request to know both name and precise location of members links with my greatest concern which is the issue of protection from stalkers and the suspect individuals who are preoccupied with knowing as many details as possible about those they choose to stalk. What is their motive and what measures does the forum have in place to protect its members?
That's a different issue from the verification of new members.
Old 18-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Ric Woodruff
Chick

I did have an idea that it may have been tried in the past, when you put it that way i agree, onwards and upwards as they say, haha.

How about New themes?

Atb

Ric.
Old 18-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Paul Hill
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenÚ View Post
Phil's request to know both name and precise location of members links with my greatest concern which is the issue of protection from stalkers and the suspect individuals who are preoccupied with knowing as many details as possible about those they choose to stalk. What is their motive and what measures does the forum have in place to protect its members?
That's a different issue from the verification of new members.
I am sorry Rene but I read it differently to you I saw "true location" not precise location. Using my details, a Member could say their name is Paul, they live in Ivybridge or even Devon will do, as opposed to what you were intimating, I would have to declare, Paul Leslie Hill, number 8 Dairy Lane, Ivybridge, Devon, PL21 0UW United Kingdom. Which is not the case I am sure.

As far as measures are concerned I am not about to reveal any here for obvious reason but ill add details have been and will be handed over the the police!

Quote:
I did have an idea that it may have been tried in the past, when you put it that way i agree, onwards and upwards as they say, haha.

How about New themes?

Atb

Ric.
New themes Ric?

Falconry themes?
Skin themes?
Topic themes?

I am all ears
Old 18-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Ric Woodruff
Chick

Site skins, different colours maybe or even New layout, but on the layout thing, thinking more about it the "not so computer minded" might struggle a bit with a change of that magnitude.

P.s I cannot pm you. Needed to ask you about my display name changing? Capital j now when it was lower case.

Atb
Ric.
Old 18-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Passage

[QUOTE=Hawkmaster;1969652]I am sorry Rene but I read it differently to you I saw "true location" not precise location. /QUOTE]

Paul. I am in agreement with Rene on this.
It may not be a problem if you have a common name, but if your name is unusual, it def. would be.

However, someone like myself, that enjoys researching, very few people are difficult to trace. Fortunately, I am not a stalker. Honest!

BTW, it is worrying if you are female, but even the men on here should be careful, leaving wives and children vunerable. There are some (just a few) that inhabit this forum that I wouldn't care to meet on my doorstep!
Old 18-01-2013, 07:06 PM
Haggard

Stop sending the multiple emails we get when our subscription is about to expire, it is a pain in the bottom deleting them all.
One email is enough.
Keith
Old 18-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Paul Hill
Passage

Quote:
Site skins, different colours maybe or even New layout, but on the layout thing, thinking more about it the "not so computer minded" might struggle a bit with a change of that magnitude.

P.s I cannot pm you. Needed to ask you about my display name changing? Capital j now when it was lower case.

Atb
Ric.
We tried different colours before and 99.9% used the default one and the rest cocked it up a right PITA

As for a Custom graphic skin they cost loads and would be even more on here, this would be an option if more people were to support the site financially once again. Why dont they in your opinion?

Your username is an extension of DJ I presume? That is why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmaster View Post
I am sorry Rene but I read it differently to you I saw "true location" not precise location.
Paul. I am in agreement with Rene on this.
It may not be a problem if you have a common name, but if your name is unusual, it def. would be.

However, someone like myself, that enjoys researching, very few people are difficult to trace. Fortunately, I am not a stalker. Honest!

BTW, it is worrying if you are female, but even the men on here should be careful, leaving wives and children vunerable. There are some (just a few) that inhabit this forum that I wouldn't care to meet on my doorstep!
Just a first name is fine and why would one want to hide that useless you are hiding something anyway. By having your real name on here, so we can honestly communicate about our passion of falconry is not going to open the doors to prevs and freaks lashing out on falconers and their families OR am I wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Barker View Post
Stop sending the multiple emails we get when our subscription is about to expire, it is a pain in the bottom deleting them all.
One email is enough.
Keith
Unfortunately is a part of the software system Keith and can be switched off at anytime by the user in their UcerCP or a polite text or email to me BUT the rude ones get even more LOL

On a more serious note as soon as someone has upgraded it stops too.

I apologise for the hassle and will chat to a developer.

Thanks for your kind support!
Old 18-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Terry
Passage

Stop all the arguments from the usual lot
Old 18-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmaster
Unfortunately is a part of the software system Keith and can be switched off at anytime by the user in their UcerCP or a polite text or email to me BUT the rude ones get even more LOL

On a more serious note as soon as someone has upgraded it stops too.

I apologise for the hassle and will chat to a developer.

Thanks for your kind support!
Okay Paul,

In the meantime i will continue to forward all my notifications to

Hawkmaster@eclipse.co.uk

Last edited by Hawkmaster; 18-01-2013 at 07:56 PM.