Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > What is your County, Province or State? > Ireland

Old 25-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Blue
Egg

Default Raven breeders in Ireland

Hi All,

I'm a licensed falconer looking for a reputable raven breeder in Ireland (North or South).

I've been in touch with Shay Cullen, but his birds didn't take this year. I could wait until next year, but I also wouldn't rule out someone reselling or rehabilitating an older bird - if anyone is looking to do so.

Qualifications:
I earned my license and Ireland's School of Falconry and have worked at several falconries since. I've particular experience with Harrises (obviously), owls (eagle owls, snowies and barns), sparrowhawks, falcons (peregrine, saker, lanner) and ferruginous buzzards. I'm particularly used to working with "problem" birds (rehabbed birds, birds with temperament or aggression issues, and two with severe depression). I've owned one Bengal Eagle Owl, and taken care (long term) of one Sparrowhawk and one female hunting Harris.
I understand a raven isn't a raptor, but I'm more than capable of putting in the research and training to take one on.