Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > USEFUL LINKS > Bird of Prey Webcams & Video Clips

Old 19-06-2017, 05:46 PM
Haggard

Default Re: Killing a peregrine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
But maybe not by the likes of you who calls himself a falconer yet sees no wrong in poisoning a beautiful BOP. The mind boggles pal !!
Nope, he did not say that poisoning 'a beautiful BOP' was okay. He merely invited you to consider how influenced we are by our personal perception of what is precious and used a rat as an example of what is regularly poisoned without complaint. it's an opportunity to have an interesting discussion really, if you are so inclined which you obviously aren't. There are regularly arguments about cats on here, with some thinking that killing them is the thing to do and other recognising that the cat killing contingent has serious psychological problems. Quite obviously they are precious creatures. Why you felt inspired to attack MattSpar with such venom is a mystery and why you have no decided to re engage in an attempt to create further conflict is another mystery. There was a lengthy debate on here many years ago about a man who smacked a Harris hawk with a shovel (I think he killed it if I remember correctly) because it attacked his chickens. He valued his chickens above the hawk. I would never poison anything at all to be honest, even the slugs that feast on my Hosta and they sure as hell do deserve to die.
Old 19-06-2017, 09:42 PM
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenÚ View Post
Nope, he did not say that poisoning 'a beautiful BOP' was okay. He merely invited you to consider how influenced we are by our personal perception of what is precious and used a rat as an example of what is regularly poisoned without complaint. it's an opportunity to have an interesting discussion really, if you are so inclined which you obviously aren't. There are regularly arguments about cats on here, with some thinking that killing them is the thing to do and other recognising that the cat killing contingent has serious psychological problems. Quite obviously they are precious creatures. Why you felt inspired to attack MattSpar with such venom is a mystery and why you have no decided to re engage in an attempt to create further conflict is another mystery. There was a lengthy debate on here many years ago about a man who smacked a Harris hawk with a shovel (I think he killed it if I remember correctly) because it attacked his chickens. He valued his chickens above the hawk. I would never poison anything at all to be honest, even the slugs that feast on my Hosta and they sure as hell do deserve to die.
Sorry Rene, but I just don't see how he can compare a rat to a peregrine, anyway, enough said but you say you wouldn't even kill the slugs on your Hosta, they should rename you Saint Rene. Atb
Old 19-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Passage

John I can lend you my thick skin if you need it.
Old 19-06-2017, 10:36 PM
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Dog View Post
John I can lend you my thick skin if you need it.
Lol it would have to be really thick Donna, how you doing anyway ?
Old 19-06-2017, 10:38 PM
Passage

Im good ta. Hope your well.