Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Personal Message (PM's), Threads & Posts

Old 18-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard

Exclamation ********WARNING To all members********

I have received a PM this morning from a member who purchased an item from another forum member and has been blatantly ripped off. As you know we recently closed the for sale section and only allow loyal members and premium members to advertise in there, one of the reasons was to try and cut down on this sort of behavior, because for someone to clock up 1000 posts, will take enough time for members to become aware of them and be better informed as to whether they are honest or not. Also if they become Premium members they have to use a debit or credit card to register therefor their personal details are recorded. I would like to warn all members that they should be extremely careful when replying to for sale threads outside of the for sale section. Here is a copy of the PM I received this morning ( I have the members permission to publish it but I have removed all names from it)

Hi, I am buying a new ................ through this person, I sent a cheque Last month it's been cashed & not sent, I contacted the seller & asked when it was coming he said in a previous PM as soon as the cheque is cleared it's on it's way. So the question was asked again 18 July 2010, well **** & ~~~~ are the reply with I won't send the goods at all. when I spoke to the man he was before he was fine, have been in my eye's up to it was also the answer. I asked if he could send a cheque for the change IE ú40.00 item + ú20.00 P&P @ good will, he said there is only less than a pound left( he must be hand delivering)!!! I have saved all the PM's both way's. Not a good experience with the seller, what's your take on the situation, I will take him to the small claims if I have to, not the path I wan't to take though, I feel the language is not GOOD or right when dealing with people. I will just put it down to FATE. Regards
Old 18-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Mark
Haggard

Default Re: ********WARNING To all members********

Dont help much if we dont know who it is si
Old 18-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
dont help much if we dont know who it is si
Sorry Mark I 'm not naming people mate. The fact is this particular member can only advertise outside of the For sale section so it help you to know you shouldn't respond to any ads outside the for sale section don't it.
Old 18-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Mark
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harris View Post
Sorry Mark I 'm not naming people mate. The fact is this particular member can only advertise outside of the For sale section so it help you to know you shouldn't respond to any ads outside the for sale section don't it.
Ok mate fair play
Old 18-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Haggard

Si, is this going to be resolved through the 'Forum' and is the seller a private or Sponsor? Will the person be named and shamed if things do not turn out well and be banned?
Old 18-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard

The seller is a private member not a sponsor, as I said he can only sell outside the for sale section, which is why I have given everybody the heads up. Unfortunately This member has been dealt with several times but constantly comes back under a different name and we lose track of him and he gets away with it until we spot his threads again.

Just for the record this isn't an official forum warning its just me letting people know.
Old 18-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Passage

I understand your reasoning Si, but name and shame I say
Old 18-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Lee
Brancher

Hi Simon

Im sorry but I dont agree with your original post just because someone has over 1000 posts doesnt make them a more honest person, there are a number of members who have been members for a number of years and have no where near 1000 posts its easy to get to 1000 by becoming one of the "welcome to the forum" brigade but does this make you anymore honest ?
Old 18-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Melvyn
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Bevan View Post
I understand your reasoning Si, but name and shame I say
I agree mate soon stop this ever happening again !!!!!!
Old 18-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutton1 View Post
Hi Simon

Im sorry but I dont agree with your original post just because someone has over 1000 posts doesnt make them a more honest person, there are a number of members who have been members for a number of years and have no where near 1000 posts its easy to get to 1000 by becoming one of the "welcome to the forum" brigade but does this make you anymore honest ?

Your missing my point mate. I'm not saying they will be more honest! I am saying that by the time a member has been on the forum long enough to have made 1000 posts, other members have usually got a measure of them! they will by then have a reputation for either being a decent member who posts good advice and known to be quiet helpful, or they will be known to be a complete idiot who posts rubbish, Also the members who want to use this site to rip people off don't stay long enough to post 1000 posts.

I will not name and shame please don't ask me to! If I give out his name then he will be back with a new name before tea time and we lose track of him, and the whole cat and mouse game starts over again. Please trust me on this one.