Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > BIRD OF PREY TALK > Eagles - Aquila

Old 03-12-2017, 11:23 AM
Dave Sharpe
Passage

Default Re: Zeus- a muddled diary in pics and words!

Thanks for that ! And yes the thought had crossed my mind in a way!
Most eagle threads on this forum, before fb when this forum was very popular, didnít last long as theyíd get shot down in flames. But mine is just as it is good and bad mistakes and all and I think thatís meant it canít be shot down as I shoot myself often enough! Hehe.
Iím glad you enjoyed the read as running up to getting a goldie I read everything I could find everywhere?. That way I had a good idea of a plan in mind before I started !
If you get the chance they are worth all the hardship! And ten years flying gosses etc before is no bad thing.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpster View Post
Thanks for that ! And yes the thought had crossed my mind in a way!
Most eagle threads on this forum, before fb when this forum was very popular, didn’t last long as they’d get shot down in flames. But mine is just as it is good and bad mistakes and all and I think that’s meant it can’t be shot down as I shoot myself often enough! Hehe.
I’m glad you enjoyed the read as running up to getting a goldie I read everything I could find everywhere?. That way I had a good idea of a plan in mind before I started !
If you get the chance they are worth all the hardship! And ten years flying gosses etc before is no bad thing.
You've done very well "lifting the curtain" and yours slip descriptions are top notch. As well as your commitment!

I live in town now, outside of Denver a little ways. But way to congested for me as I grew up miles from anything in corn fields. So that ten year plan is buying land away from people. 😁. My goal with a Goldie is tri-purposed: first off the fist on jack rabbits, waiting on on geese, and also education. As I just got my gos 12 days ago, I've got a ways to go with him but progress is pretty quick thus far. I don't mean to yank space and derail this masterpiece of a thread so I'll leave it here.

Is there another thread I might be able to pick your brain a little bit about a decent mannered secondhand gos? I've gathered from this thread that you've got a store of experience with gosses and really respect your falconry practices, as they show through in your writings.

All the best friend,
Hunt well and stay safe

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2017, 05:40 PM
Dave Sharpe
Passage

Iím with you on land and away from people, itís my plan too......
I had a siarybon my last gos on another falcon forum but the forum went down taking my diary with it forever...
Are you on Facebook? Pm me if you like
Old 03-12-2017, 07:47 PM
Dave Sharpe
Passage

one other thing, Zeus first purpose was/is to be my falconry hawk, goose waiting on wont happen here as waiting on in a country full of sausage dogs wont work hehe, also it would have to be flushed geese i think nailing them to the ground would be boring.
But i have to say Zeus is bomproof and comes to all my educational talks and many of my outside falconry displays(on static not flying because of all those sausage dogs! hehe the bald eagle)

'hence' the bald eagle
Old 03-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Dave Sharpe
Passage

Itís that time of year again where weíre hoping for some nice falconry related pressies!
Books are always perfect!
Iíve said it before but all the Martin hollinshead titles make for an excellent read. As does Tom Carnihans book, if you can find one.
Just donít buy the Harris hawk by mr Harris as that ones dire!
Old 14-12-2017, 10:11 PM
Dave Sharpe
Passage

well back from the spanish sky trials in Osuna, well spent the finals day there and the rest of the week flying birds with friends, eating waaaaay too much and generally enjoying spain and our spanish friends!
the highlight falconry wise was out hunting in the beautiful spanish countryside with my friends ak x peregrine, hunting wild quail this bird was mind blowingly superb to see. super exciting off the glove but pure excellence waiting on over the brittany and stooping vertical and very quick!

only saw one goldie at Osuna, it was being passed around for pics and usual arrogance surrounding it (like many an eagle falconer anywhere) so didnt chat any further.

some very good stoops from falcons, nice spanish gos and fun seeing the fox team fly the row crow!

the snow x ryanair caused me to get home 36 hours late!!

Work is finally drying up so at last eagle time starting sat!! tomorrow some rope work and bald eagle training but getting desperate to get hunting proper this season
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM
Steve Skinner
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpster View Post
well back from the spanish sky trials in Osuna, well spent the finals day there and the rest of the week flying birds with friends, eating waaaaay too much and generally enjoying spain and our spanish friends!
the highlight falconry wise was out hunting in the beautiful spanish countryside with my friends ak x peregrine, hunting wild quail this bird was mind blowingly superb to see. super exciting off the glove but pure excellence waiting on over the brittany and stooping vertical and very quick!

only saw one goldie at Osuna, it was being passed around for pics and usual arrogance surrounding it (like many an eagle falconer anywhere) so didnt chat any further.

some very good stoops from falcons, nice spanish gos and fun seeing the fox team fly the row crow!

That A/kestrel x pere looked like the perfect hedgerow falcon Dave, anyway you can put it on here, I'v tried to put Videos on here & failed miserably.

the snow x ryanair caused me to get home 36 hours late!!

work is finally drying up so at last eagle time starting sat!! tomorrow some rope work and bald eagle training but getting desperate to get hunting proper this season
Hi Dave that little hybrid falcon is cool, It would be a great little falcon to fly over here on hedgerow flights, is there anyway you can put that Video on here, I'v tried putting Video on, and failed miserably.

Regards Steve.