Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Condolences for Falconers, Families & our animals

Old 16-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Braden Tennant
Passage

Default Re: A Tribute to my Girl

Gem,
What can I say? Me, Jack and Ian are still shocked by todays events. I'm personally horrified because I know how much time went into this falcon and how much you doted on her. I know over the last few years that I've known you that you've had your trials and tribulations with Dee-Dee but you succeeded, she pitched and you took game with her. I can assure you that we check all the falcons regularly and I have checked Dee-Dee's condition constantly as you asked personally asked me to watch her feet and even at 7.45am this morning she was seemingly normal. As it stands Dee-Dee has laid two egg's and I live in hope that at least one of them in fertile for you. I will say here and now that although my lanner hasn't laid yet if she does produce chicks then I am more then happy to give you one. I know that any falcon in your care will be given the best possible life and what more can I ask for?
I know that during her time here she was content, happy and I hope you can take some solace from that,

Jakk, Ian and Jack
Raptor Propagation Farm
Old 16-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Chris Roebuck
Passage

Sorry to hear your bad news she looked a cracker
It's always a hard time to deal with and so sudden chin up.
Again sorry for your loss
Atvb Chris
Old 17-04-2012, 05:32 AM
Mark
Haggard

Sorry to hear the bad news gem atvb mark
Old 17-04-2012, 07:23 AM
Scott
Passage

Sorry to hear this sad news Gemma. I know exactly how you feel when you loose a not just a bird but a hunting partner, they have a little bit of you in them. You know there moods and ways. So sorry for your loss. I was advised by a good falconer to get back on the hores and keep rideing so to speak. Which i will
Be doing this season with another falcon. Good luck with her egg. Keep us updated.
Old 17-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Passage

You feel terrible when something like this happens and blame yourself for trying to breed her. You will do well if her eggs are fertile as from this hybrid they are normally not. Buy a fresh hunting partner for next year, you will never forget this one but it will help you feel better.

Old 17-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Ben Fairbank
Passage

Sorry to hear of this gemma
Please don't blame yourself as it couldn't be helped, you was doing right by her allowing her to go through her natural cycle.
You will bounce back and look back on the happy times you shared

Ben x
Old 17-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Gemma
Brancher

Thanks for your messages - I'm still trying to deal with the fact shes gone and that shes never going to fill that empty space in the mews again.

I'm really struggling to decide what to do with the body. I haven't really got anywhere to sentimental to lay her to rest where I can take comfort in knowing where she is - I'v thought about cremation but I cant face the idea of her being reduced to ashes and loosing what Iv got left of her.

Its a hard one :'(

I do hope her eggs are fertile although we've always know the odds are against us it would just be some comfort to know a part of her still lives on
Old 17-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Karl
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemzy87 View Post
it would just be some comfort to know a part of her still lives on
She always will - she gave you some fantastic sport and always flew nice - your memmories will remain.
Old 17-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Braden Tennant
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemzy87 View Post
Thanks for your messages - I'm still trying to deal with the fact shes gone and that shes never going to fill that empty space in the mews again.

I'm really struggling to decide what to do with the body. I haven't really got anywhere to sentimental to lay her to rest where I can take comfort in knowing where she is - I'v thought about cremation but I cant face the idea of her being reduced to ashes and loosing what Iv got left of her.

Its a hard one :'(

I do hope her eggs are fertile although we've always know the odds are against us it would just be some comfort to know a part of her still lives on
Gem,
If it was my bird I'd have them cremated and let the ashes go in my favourite flying area. You will have a favourite piece of ground (we all do secretly) its that place they did their first free flight, they first killed or they seemed to love flying there and always flew best,
Jakk
Old 17-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Jan Deckers
Passage

Sorry to hear that Gemma.

If it was me, I would bury her on the hunting ground, where she was the master of the sky.

ATB Jan