Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > INTRODUCTIONS & FORUM GUIDANCE > Mentors, Courses & Apprenticeships > Norfolk

Old 21-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Egg

Default Looking for a mentor in Norfolk

Pleas could some on help me achieve a life long ambition to become a falconer, Im very passionate about this and am in the process of building a aviery my love lyes with all birds owls hawks falcons etc the thing that has stoped me one in I cant find any one in gayton aira I need as much experience and nolage as I can get please help
Old 21-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Barry Haughton
Passage

Default Re: Looking for a mentor in norfolk

Hi Corben. You a are at a very critical stage of your ambition to be become a falconer, so it is very important that you do not start-off on the wrong foot by a rushed beginning.
Firstly, I am concerned that you are already building an aviary. Please pause on this enterprise until you can get good advice from someone experienced that can act as your mentor. Otherwise it is almost certain that you will waste a good deal of time and money.
Reading between the lines of your thead, I suspect that the coming season is far too early for you. A better scenario, would be to do all the necessary research, get some 'hands-on' at a training school, seek out your mentor and if possible, join a club.
BOP's are complex creatures and are very easily spoiled (usually for life) by the ill-prepared but well-meaning beginner. Pat I will say to you what I always say to people in your position: 'take the slow train...and get it right!' I would suggest that August 2011 would be the perfect time to make a start.
When the time is right for you Pat, I wish you luck with it.
Regards, Bazzer
Old 21-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Egg

Default Re: Looking for a mentor in norfolk

Cheers Ive allready shelved the idia of my own bird,for at least another year so I can get some experience it might take me longer so Im definatly in no rush

And the avuary is shelved too