Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FALCONRY HUNTING & HAWKING DISCUSSIONS > Law, Exams, Land, Weather & Trapping

Old 15-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Sara Skalman - Moderator
Haggard

Default Re: Falcon Crimes Website ''www.falconcrimes.co.uk''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicquera View Post
I think everyone needs to stand back and take a breath, this isn't some playground brawl, these are serious allegations that may have to be defended in court one day and if not proven could result in massive damages and the end of someone's 30 years hard work !
It's one thing to prove that Defra did not follow procedure but another to prove "intent", this website, from what I can make out, it suggesting a criminal fraud has taken place. Just because there is a letter from John Hounslow saying that there was no hybrids registered pre '94 it doesn't mean that he was trying to cover something up, he may have genuinely believed that and proving otherwise in a court of law will be extremely difficult.
Data has been a big gripe of mine and I have discussed this with John Hounslow, he was rather bemused by me questioning the data that 300+ Gyr Falcons had been exported one year and when he checked I was right. Defra work by whatever it says on a piece of paper, they haven't got a clue what's going on out here, the whole thing is a paper exercise so if John Hounslow was looking at the wrong data he may well have believed there were no hybrids registered pre '94.
I have taken on several crusades with Defra and JNCC, some I've won ground, like fastrack permitting and stopping new Cites charges being implemented a couple of years ago, and I was the first to stand up and air my views directly to John Hounslow about the way Mark and Sara were being treated when they had their project raided a couple of years ago, but I will also say this, John Hounslow is a very approachable guy if done so in a civilized and reasoned manner, he has always be willing to accomadate meetings for professional breeders involved with export and is someone who will consider reason, if gone about the right way. It's down to this position that, with the input of the Hawk Board, raptor keepers in the UK enjoy some of the least oppressive regulations in the Western World. Look at what our fellow US falconers/breeders have to put up with from their wildlife dept, 60 to 90 days for a permit, fws wont even reply to an enquirey half the time, let along sit down and discuss anything with them !
I feel it's a pity that a website could not have promoted the positivity of what we do instead of what looks like trying to settle old scores. "We" are 20 years ahead of Cites and there would be huge energy required to change this situation whereby we are viewed in a more positive light, this can be achieved if gone about the right way !
So, if you feel so strongly about supporting this website I just hope you're still there if hundreds of thousands of pounds have to be paid out in legal expenses and damages should these allegations go unproven !!
2 years of research has already proven that there was NO consultation in regards to register hybrids Gary, which means that by law they could not implement that law, this is already proven.
What people want to do about it or not is up to them, all Mark has done is shear the information he collected with the falconry community to see....
Old 15-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Gary
Passage

I think you need to read my post again Sara, there's a difference between incompetence and criminal fraud !
I just hope you have the best lawyers money can buy because if I was in someone like John Hounslow's shoes I'd be coming after the people behind that website BIG TIME !!
So if the brown stuff does hit the fan, I hope you get the support from people around you, cause you're going to need it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by As The Falcon Her Bells View Post
2 years of research has already proven that there was NO consultation in regards to register hybrids Gary, which means that by law they could not implement that law, this is already proven.
What people want to do about it or not is up to them, all Mark has done is shear the information he collected with the falconry community to see....
Old 15-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Sara Skalman - Moderator
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicquera View Post
I think you need to read my post again Sara, there's a difference between incompetence and criminal fraud !
I just hope you have the best lawyers money can buy because if I was in someone like John Hounslow's shoes I'd be coming after the people behind that website BIG TIME !!
So if the brown stuff does hit the fan, I hope you get the support from people around you, cause you're going to need it !
The sentence read ''possible fraud'' and a question mark behind it.....
Well I suppose thats when you will see who your friends really are.
Old 15-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Gary
Passage

I'm just saying be careful of all this bravado because if it goes pear shaped I doubt whether anyone will be able to help you, friend or not !

Quote:
Originally Posted by As The Falcon Her Bells View Post
The sentence read ''possible fraud'' and a question mark behind it.....
Well I suppose thats when you will see who your friends really are.
Old 15-05-2009, 02:57 PM
Sara Skalman - Moderator
Haggard

I see what you mean Gary, thanks for your concern
Old 17-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Haggard

Anything new for the website?

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reques...etter.doc.html

Download original attachment
Attachment to FOI request 'What date was the first hybrid registered and what kind of a cross was it?' (HTML version)

Your Ref:
Our Ref: AH0500

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx

Date: 27 May 2009

PROVISION OF REQUESTED INFORMATION
Thank you for your request for information about the earliest hybrid record we hold which we received on 19 May 2009. Your request has been considered under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
The earliest entry we have is a record dated 26/03/1986 showing the registration of a Peregrine x Prairie Falcon.
The information supplied to you continues to be protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You are free to use it for your own purposes, including any non-commercial research you are doing and for the purposes of news reporting. Any other re-use, for example commercial publication, would require the permission of the copyright holder. Most documents supplied by Animal Health will have been produced by government officials and will be Crown Copyright. You can find details on the arrangements for re-using Crown copyright on OPSI (Office of Public Sector Information) at:
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/click-use/index.htm
Information you receive which is not subject to Crown Copyright continues to be protected by the copyright of the person, or organisation, from which the information originated. You must ensure that you gain their permission before reproducing any third party (non Crown Copyright) information.
In keeping with the spirit and effect of the Freedom of Information Act 2000/Environmental Information Regulations 2004, all information is assumed to be releasable to the public unless exempt. The information you requested may now be published on our website together with any related information that will provide a key to its wider context.
If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me. I also attach an Annex giving contact details should you be unhappy with the services you have received.
Yours sincerely
[by email]
C D Cotterill
Animal Health Information Manager
Direct Line 01905 768660
Fax 01905 768866
Email xxxxx.xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx.xx
Annex A
Complaints
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint, you should write to Ms Catherine McHugh, Information Systems Policies and Strategies, Animal Health Business Development Division, Spur 6, Block C, Government Buildings, Whittington Road, Worcester WR5 2LQ, who will arrange for an internal review of your case.
If you are unhappy with the result of your request, your appeal must be received by Animal Health within 40 working days of the date of this letter. Appeals received after this deadline will not be accepted.
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Please note that generally the Information Commissioner cannot make a decision unless you have first exhausted the Animal Health complaints procedure. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Head Office: Animal Health Corporate Centre, Block C, Government Buildings, Whittington Road, Worcester WR5 2LQ
t +44(0)1905 763355 f +44(0)1905 768851 e xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx.xx
Animal Health is an Executive Agency of the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and also works on behalf of the Scottish Government, Welsh Assembly Government and the Food Standards Agency
Www.defra.gov.uk/animalhealth

Animal Health, Block C, Government Buildings, Whittington Road Worcs WR5 2LQ

Head Office: Animal Health Corporate Centre, Block C, Government Buildings, Whittington Road, Worcester WR5 2LQ
t +44(0)1905 763355 f +44(0)1905 768851 e xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx.xx
Animal Health is an Executive Agency of the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and also works on behalf of the Scottish Government, Welsh Assembly Government and the Food Standards Agency
Www.defra.gov.uk/animalhealth
Old 29-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Haggard

There are 64 species of falcons covered by the Falconidae scientific name and the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 as it once stood. Given the fact Falconidae do not embrace hybrids therefore people have been wrongly told to register their hybrids.

Given the fact there was no consultation with stakeholder in relation to putting hybrids on a list of species in 1994 there has never been a legal need to register hybrids. We have the consultations in 1994 and there was no mention of registering hybrids.
Everyone who has paid to register hybrids should be given their money back with interest.

www.falconcrimes.co.uk

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reques..._the_consultat

The information on the consultation letter that was placed in the {House of Commons] library and the 182 responses were received in relation to hybrid birds of prey.

A Freedom of Information request to House of Commons by Derek Canning LLB [HONS]

Waiting for an internal review by House of Commons of their handling of this request.

Derek Canning LLB [HONS]

24 May 2009
Dear Sir or Madam,

Please supply a copy of the following information quoted from the
letter below from Defra, if I may quote ‘our consultation letter
was placed in the {House of Commons] library. 182 responses were
received’ Please supply all the information that relates to the
above quote from Defra.

CC 7TH Floor Eastbury House defra 30-34 Albert Embankment London
SE17TL

Email: cc Website: www.defra gov uk CCU R©f: DW0105022 24 November

Dear Mr-Canning;

Registration of Hybrids

Thank you for your letters to Joan Ruddock of 7 and 16 October 2008
regarding the need to register hybrids under Schedule 4 to the
Wildlife and Countryside Ac! 1981 I have been asked to reply, and
apologise for the delay in doing so.

It is the view of the Department that Schedule 4 was amended
lawfully in 1994 to include hybrids, therefore, the Department does
not believe an inquiry is needed I enclose a copy of a news release
dated 25 April 1994 which replicates a reply to a Parliamentary
Question that states the Department consulted "around 7,000
organisations and individuals about our proposals and a copy of our
consultation letter was placed in the {House of Commons] library.
182 responses were received Yours sincerely,

Kevin

Defra - Customer Contact Unit

Yours faithfully,

Derek canning LLB[hons]
Link to this | Send follow up
Derek Canning LLB [HONS]

23 June 2009
Dear Sir or Madam,

The House of Lords under the Freedom of Information Act should have
replied by now, and are breaking the law therefore I want an
internal inquiry.

Yours sincerely,

Derek Canning LLB [HONS]
FOICOMMONS
House of Commons

24 July 2009
'The information on the consultation letter that was placed in the
{House of Commons] library and the 182 responses were received in
relation to hybrid birds of prey.
</request/the_information_on_the_consultat> ' made by Derek Canning LLB
[HONS] </user/derek_canning_llb_hons>
Dear Mr Canning
I am sorry that this one fell through the net and for our delay in
responding .

We have located the following which may be of relevance in the archive
of deposited papers - I have asked for a copy to be sent to me and I
will forward it on ASAP

DEP 10356, 21.02.1994:
Review of sales and related wildlife controls: Wildlife & Countryside
Act 1981 proposed amendments to schedule 4: bird registration & ringing
consultation paper.

Yours sincerely

Bob Castle
Head of Information Rights and Information Security
House of Commons
0207 219 2032

show quoted sections
Link to this | Reply to this message
FOICOMMONS
House of Commons

29 July 2009
Dear Mr Canning
I have now received a copy of this paper: " Review of sales and related
wildlife controls: Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981 proposed amendments
to schedule 4: bird registration & ringing consultation paper".
However, I understand that you already have been provided with a copy of
this by the House of Lords in response to a FOI request to that public
authority. If this is not the case please let me know.
Yours sincerely

Bob Castle

show quoted sections
Derek Canning LLB [HONS]

29 July 2009
Dear FOICOMMONS,

No all I received was some copies of some replies to some letters
so please send your information.

Yours sincerely,

Derek Canning LLB [HONS]
FOICOMMONS
House of Commons

30 July 2009
Dear Mr Canning,

Please find attached copy of the document as requested.

Mandy Kelly
Freedom of Information Assistant
Information Rights and Information Security

show quoted sections
Derek Canning LLB [HONS]

7 August 2009
Dear Sir or Madam,

Can you send the information in printable form.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Derek Canning LLB [HONS]
Derek Canning LLB [HONS]

7 August 2009
Dear Sir or Madam,

Can you send the information in printable form.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Derek Canning LLB [HONS]
FOICOMMONS
House of Commons

7 August 2009
Dear Mr Canning
The information was sent as a PDF and it is available on the WDTK web
site - once opened or saved to your computer it can be printed
Yours sincerely
Bob Castle

show quoted sections
Things to do with this request
Anyone:
• Add an annotation (to help the requester or others)
Derek Canning LLB [HONS] only:
• Reply to FOICOMMONS
• Update the status of this request
• Request an internal review
House of Commons only:
Respond to request
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hybrids.jpg (77.3 KB, 56 views)