Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Personal Message (PM's), Threads & Posts

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Pete
Haggard

Default Re: IFF PRIVATE MESSAGE POLICY

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Massey View Post
no matter what context that word is used its no more a swear word than butt or Bum in my opinion....I got pulled up on that one too....... Its gone all daft on here with this issue and little wonder no one really uses it anymore for relevant informal conversation....

Back to main issue..... I think under no circumstances Pm's should be posted on the open forum....I do understand though that on times there is a deafness that comes from some of the mods/admin on times and when you do quote a pm on the forum you finally get a response........ maybe its time admin got back to listening to what members are saying and evaluate what they are trying to say.....rather than just barking orders at them
Bang on the money kev
Old 16-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Kevin - UK Falconers Club Rep
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Ben there is always another choice as you keep telling others....use other forums. if folks dont like the rules here the easy option is log out and dont come back. Its obvious folks dont like the IFF or Paul so why oh why stay on here if its thats distasteful.

At the end of the day, we the forums members dont make the rules on here but we have a choice of whether or not we adhere to them. if you cant adhere to them then you know what will happen, and all the argueing will not change that.

Alex
Alex you seem to have had a personality transplant I can remeber quite a lot of your rants over the forums

They aint going to give you a moderatorship no matter how much sucking up you do
Old 16-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben C View Post

I was so incensed at the censorship I posted it up live.

Hence the new T&C.................................
So this is all your blimmin fault

I am playing catch up here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saker-Clive View Post
if you are not allowed to post them here, post them on other sites...............no breach of IFF terms have then be contraveined
More and more the respectable forums are avoiding this......why should they lower there standards to the IFF mentality? Martin/Zoe's forum is a classic for this as an open forum and a much better place for that thinking too......" What happens else where no matter where......it stays there"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmaster View Post
So why did you not PM me or any of the other Admin?

I did for the exact same word.....but it fell on deaf ears yet again
Old 16-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Haggard

Quote:
Paul you talk gash....................

Penny just dropped
Old 16-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by As The Falcon Her Bells View Post
Sorry but, get a life folks (including myself)!!! Read the thread back and look at what we are writing, Its just a forum nothing else, .

Now copy and paste this in area 51 a 1000 times
Old 16-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoopid View Post
I would consider the P in PMSL a swear word as well!
As per T & C I'd have to agree AND we have been told by Admin on threads about it that we are not alowed to use abbreviated words, stars, blanked out words or even 'word play' to get around this.
The whole politically correct syndrome has gone out of the window!!!
Old 16-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Simon Rees - Moderator
Haggard

Quote:

Thanks for your permission.........but it is useless and a smokescreen unless all mods do it. Including the admin.
You can have permission from me as well Ben, in fact anyone on the forum is more than welcome to make public any Pm I sent to any member. The simple reason is that I treat people the way I wish to be treated myself, and thats with respect, Therefor I have nothing to hide.
Old 16-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Sara Skalman - Moderator
Haggard

So the sum of all this is:

You can not swear on the open forum, nothing you say will change this and warnings/infractions will keep on being handed out for it.

You can not post PM's on the open forum unless they are your own only or you got the go ahead from the author.

Kevin have several times pointed out that this forum is not the right place to be any more and there is several better forums then this one (strange he seem to spend an awful lot of time on here posting ABOUT other forums).

So my conclusion is:

Stop whining, put up and shut up OR log off from here for good and don't come back, you are the people who at the moment is making this an unfriendly place to be with your constant negativity, so again; log off from here and log on to one of all these better forums that get rammed down our throats on a daily basis...
Bye bye
Closed Thread