Falconry Forum (IFF)


Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FALCONRY HUNTING & HAWKING DISCUSSIONS > Law, Exams, Land, Weather & Trapping

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 27-12-2011, 05:25 PM
SANBoPC's Avatar
SANBoPC SANBoPC is offline
Trevor Oertel
Passage
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vrede
Posts: 3,441
Default Re: UNESCO "FALCONRY is a Living Human Heritage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony James View Post
A picture Trev (sadly, not a good one). Inspirational indeed.

Best wishes,

Tony.
Thanks Tony

Take care
Trev
__________________
FALCONERS DO IT SO THE BIRD COMES FIRST!
YOU HAVE ENEMIES? GOOD. THAT MEANS YOU'VE STOOD UP FOR SOMETHING, SOMETIME IN YOU LIFE!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 29-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Little Joe's Avatar
Little Joe Little Joe is offline
Jannes Kruger
Haggard
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: far away
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: UNESCO "FALCONRY is a Living Human Heritage"

Not a matter of consequence I'm sure, but why 2nd if its the 3rd? Just out of interest.


Regards
Jannes.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 29-12-2011, 05:59 PM
SANBoPC's Avatar
SANBoPC SANBoPC is offline
Trevor Oertel
Passage
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vrede
Posts: 3,441
Default Re: UNESCO "FALCONRY is a Living Human Heritage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
Not a matter of consequence I'm sure, but why 2nd if its the 3rd? Just out of interest. Regards
Jannes.
Good question Jannes. After close on two weeks of pondering over that very same question its because in Arabic 3rd is spelt 2nd.

Regards
Trev
__________________
FALCONERS DO IT SO THE BIRD COMES FIRST!
YOU HAVE ENEMIES? GOOD. THAT MEANS YOU'VE STOOD UP FOR SOMETHING, SOMETIME IN YOU LIFE!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 29-12-2011, 06:16 PM
TiercelMan's Avatar
TiercelMan TiercelMan is offline
Alistair McKissock
Passage
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,562
Default Re: UNESCO "FALCONRY is a Living Human Heritage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
Not a matter of consequence I'm sure, but why 2nd if its the 3rd? Just out of interest.


Regards
Jannes.
The way I understand it by those that organized it, it is the 3rd. the organizers have been involved with (the first two in Reading) but looked on as the 2nd by the UAE as they had one previously. So if you're from the west it's the 3rd, but if you're from the UAE it's the 2nd.
Strange but true
Alistair
PS. Sorry you didn't make your presence felt Jannes. I spent the bulk of my time there in the holding tents where the falcons were. I believe you were just across the way with the eagles! Maybe next time!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 29-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Little Joe's Avatar
Little Joe Little Joe is offline
Jannes Kruger
Haggard
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: far away
Posts: 8,328
Default Re: UNESCO "FALCONRY is a Living Human Heritage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANBoPC View Post
Good question Jannes. After close on two weeks of pondering over that very same question its because in Arabic 3rd is spelt 2nd.

Regards
Trev
After ten years in Arabia I know for a fact... Who knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiercelMan View Post
The way I understand it by those that organized it, it is the 3rd. the organizers have been involved with (the first two in Reading) but looked on as the 2nd by the UAE as they had one previously. So if you're from the west it's the 3rd, but if you're from the UAE it's the 2nd.
Strange but true
Alistair
PS. Sorry you didn't make your presence felt Jannes. I spent the bulk of my time there in the holding tents where the falcons were. I believe you were just across the way with the eagles! Maybe next time!
Alistair, its all good mate. I was doting over my girl, sorry bru. I was impressed by the level of care and control both sides and how I was welcomed and accommodated by the eagle guys. It was a well oiled machine.

That's said, I'm much more formidable online than in person!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 30-12-2011, 03:03 PM
TiercelMan's Avatar
TiercelMan TiercelMan is offline
Alistair McKissock
Passage
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,562
Default Re: UNESCO "FALCONRY is a Living Human Heritage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post

That's said, I'm much more formidable online than in person!
Aren't we all Jannes, some more than others perhaps
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 19-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Gary Timbrell's Avatar
Gary Timbrell Gary Timbrell is offline
Brancher
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: West Cork
Posts: 319
Default Re: UNESCO "FALCONRY is a Living Human Heritage"

Inspirational, atmospherical and a little bit emotional for me Tony. Some great memories. Well done for all you did towards this over the years; may you live forever.

Gary
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
unesco

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.