Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FALCONRY HUNTING & HAWKING DISCUSSIONS > Law, Exams, Land, Weather & Trapping

Old 22-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Alex Brown
Haggard

Default Re: Action Against Removal of A10 Semi Completes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicquera View Post
There's a lot of confusing comments here, firstly A10's have nothing to do with schedule 4 species, they relate to the commercial use of EU Annex A species.
Schedule 4 species need to be registered, Peregrines and Merlin only need to be registered if they are not covered by an A10.

AH have acted against government policy with a knee jerk reaction to a problem that will not be addressed by abolishing semi-completes, the action is a punishment on perfectly law abiding people so it CAN be overturned but the chances of achieving this will be greatly increased by the number of people who have a backbone and are prepared to spend 5 minutes emailing their MP and the National Audit Office.
If this decision stands it will be the fault of the apathetic !
Done both, hope a shed load more take the time, with any luck plenty will spare 5 minutes if not well, no point in complaining later.

Gary well done on keeping this going!

Alex
Old 22-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Gary
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
Done both, hope a shed load more take the time, with any luck plenty will spare 5 minutes if not well, no point in complaining later.

Gary well done on keeping this going!

Alex
Alex, some things in life are black and white, right or wrong, what AH has done is wrong, just need enough people to stand up, just as we're seeing now in Egypt, Libya, across north Africa and the Middle East, sooner or later you need to stand up and be counted otherwise this sport/passion we all love will be cease to exist in the next 20 years.
It's just not fair to criminalise people because they haven't filled in the right form on time, especially when that group of people have pioneered techniques that are beneficial to conservation. Stop captive breeding and then see how healthy our wild populations would be then, most of the falcon species would be wiped out within ten years !!!
Old 22-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Wayne - Formerly DogManDango
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big JoeJoe View Post
I have sent off my ids, and wrote to my MP twice also rang Animal Health 4 times and I will continue to ring them in a nice manner as that is the type of chap I am.

They tell a similar tale to what your saying but you seem to be forgetting that they will have a lot of paper work to deal with and while they say they will "TRY" and I emphasis "TRY" to get the paper work out to you in a minimum of 15 days, it simply and factually will not happen.

How can they promise you that they will get it to you in 14 days? They will not even look at your application until the chick has its rings on. Add 15 days to that and I get a 23 day old chick. I for one have seen how long they took with the semi completes. Now they are trying a new system and are still using a small workforce to complete blank A10s not semi complete ones I think you really need to wake up pal.

If you want to go give up and leave it be and let things lie then thats your perogative.

Joe
well looks like your getting told diffrent to me
So i think i am awake pal
Old 22-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Joe Hatton
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogManDango View Post
so i think i am awake pal
Look instead of trying to pick an argument with me which is the wrong thing to do by the way. Stay off the thread as you clearly dont want to get involved and go and wait patiently for your A10S come theres a good chap.

Joe
Old 23-02-2011, 05:25 AM
Banned
Passage

I do not think a judge would look on it that way.

I's like saying the bird is free gift so i don't need any A10, but I will charge you 400 pounds for the jesses. You just would not get away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxell View Post
A10 certs are EU CITES commercial transaction certificates. If you offer to raise and imprint a 10 day old schedule 4 chick for the hard pressed breeder who is too busy to imprint chicks himself, out of the goodness of your heart, you are not breaking the law. Should you once the chick is hard penned be so attached to it that you wish to buy it the breeder may sell the bird to you with the necassary A10 document that he now has in his possession. Remember WCA registration documents will be needed as well.
It is an offence to odfer the bird for sale without an A10, so by simply saying you can pay me later you are breaking the law as the breeder is offering the bird for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
firstly i may be wrong on this but isn't it illegal to BUY a bird without an A10 but can you not hold the bird until it has paper work without money exchange and still be inside the law?
secondly isn't this the kind of stuff the oh so special and important hawk board are supposed to sort for us not leaving it to a few breeders to try and fight the idiotic descision
Only afrer they hatch and you have the ring numbers.

The wording you have breaks the law as teh moment your Goshawks hatch you woudl be deemed to be offering birds which are in your posession for sale, and at that point in time you have no A10s for them.

Quote:
read my post if you go threw the moshens you will get a a10 at 14 days
Old 23-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Gary
Passage

Quote:
so i think i am awake pal
Yeah, "the cheques in the post" !
Old 23-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Michael Calvin
Haggard

What's wrong with giving a goshawk/ peregrine or whatever away for free to a friend? Gary, is this illegal and if you were to do it would you need an A10? I was once asked to produce an A10 for my hawk at a BFC field meeting by the then director of the club...I told him to sod off! This is all b*llsh*t, why are we so regulated by people who seem to know nowt AND the regulation doesn't do the slightest bit of good to captive OR wild raptors......

Regards, Michael.
Old 23-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Gary
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOlivia View Post
What's wrong with giving a goshawk/ peregrine or whatever away for free to a friend? Gary, is this illegal and if you were to do it would you need an A10? I was once asked to produce an A10 for my hawk at a BFC field meeting by the then director of the club...I told him to sod off! This is all b*llsh*t, why are we so regulated by people who seem to know nowt AND the regulation doesn't do the slightest bit of good to captive OR wild raptors......

Regards, Michael.
We're regulated Michael because falconers/breeders allow us to be regulated !
Since dna gave us a way of proving birds are what we say they are, i.e. captive bred, there should be no need for all these bits of paper that mean nothing to real conservation !
I've just been through a major battle in connection with a planning application and all these high flying raptor biologists got to throw their two penny worth in and they haven't got a clue. Raptor conservation should be run by falconers not these bunch of academics, they are endangering populations, not falconers !
Old 23-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Michael Calvin
Haggard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicquera View Post
We're regulated Michael because falconers/breeders allow us to be regulated !
Since dna gave us a way of proving birds are what we say they are, i.e. captive bred, there should be no need for all these bits of paper that mean nothing to real conservation !
I've just been through a major battle in connection with a planning application and all these high flying raptor biologists got to throw their two penny worth in and they haven't got a clue. Raptor conservation should be run by falconers not these bunch of academics, they are endangering populations, not falconers !
So I wasn't far off the mark then!!!!
Old 23-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Gary
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOlivia View Post
So I wasn't far off the mark then!!!!
Well, not about these reg's being of any benefit to conservation but if there's a sudden increase in people "gifting" birds that's going to cause trouble, for sure !