Falconry Forum (IFF)

Go Back   Falconry Forum (IFF) > FORUM SERVICES > Forum Website > Forum Personal Message (PM's), Threads & Posts

Closed Thread

Old 23-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Alison
Passage

Default Why does the IFF tolerate?

Why is it this forum tolerates posts and threads containing images of birds killing puppies? Even in countries where it is acceptable for the culling of canine breeds as prey, why does this forum see it ethical to allow posts of puppies being intentionally killed by falconry birds? Doesn't falconry have enough anti's against it without adding this type of ammunition to their battle against us? What happened to ethics? Do any of you post photos of hunting baby bunnies? Prey still in downy feathers? I think it is completely out of hand to allow this to continue, no matter how "interesting" it may appear.
Old 23-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Dave
Haggard

Default Re: Why does the IFF tolerate?

Where was this Alison? I didnt see it, (and find it hard to believe it would not be removed by mods once reported) Atb.
Old 23-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Andy
Haggard

to be honest i dont realy think they is anything wrong with it if in that country they allow it. im a dog lover but if thats what they do then so be it.puppies maybe not didnt see the thread im surprised it didnt get taken off. cant see antis bringing it up for uk or american falconry,could they?
i have the same feeling about baggies its a big no no for me but in america they use them and show them on here. i think if we went a step further we wont be showing any pictures of our birds on any kills.just my thoughts
Old 23-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Alison
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rampling View Post
Where was this Alison? I didnt see it, (and find it hard to believe it would not be removed by mods once reported) Atb.
It's in the Hawking with the Crowned Eagle thread. Now he's posting photos and videos of intentionally hunting puppies. Pathetic and an affront to all common decency, not to mention how it makes falconry look to the rest of the world. He defends it by saying how much money he makes and drives a Mercedes.
Old 23-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Braden Tennant
Passage

He is free to practise falconry how he wishes within the confines of his countries laws. If you were concerned then look into the laws to see the correct and humane process of killing an animal but at the minute how I see it, he isn't breaking any rules.
Old 23-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Alison
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHawks View Post
to be honest i dont realy think they is anything wrong with it if in that country they allow it. im a dog lover but if thats what they do then so be it. cant see antis bringing it up for uk or american falconry,could they?
i have the same feeling about baggies its a big no no for me but in america they use them and show them on here. i think if we went a step further we wont be showing any pictures of our birds on any kills.just my thoughts
I draw the line when it brings a bad name to falconry. That puppy wasn't anything more than a baggie anyway. More attention to making a film than for the prey's suffering.
Old 23-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Jannes Kruger
Haggard

In some countries dogs are like feral pigeons. Lets not get emotional based on our cultural bias.

Rgds,
Jannes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Alison View Post
It's in the Hawking with the Crowned Eagle thread. Now he's posting photos and videos of intentionally hunting puppies. Pathetic and an affront to all common decency, not to mention how it makes falconry look to the rest of the world. He defends it by saying how much money he makes and drives a Mercedes.
Alison, he was taking the mickey! I hope....
Old 23-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Andy
Haggard

Quote:
I draw the line when it brings a bad name to falconry. That puppy wasn't anything more than a baggie anyway. More attention to making a film than for the prey's suffering.
I edited my post after i read puppy not dog lol little slow today. is it still on forum now?
Old 23-02-2012, 03:55 PM
John Dunne
Brancher

Quote:
Why is it this forum tolerates posts and threads containing images of birds killing puppies? Even in countries where it is acceptable for the culling of canine breeds as prey, why does this forum see it ethical to allow posts of puppies being intentionally killed by falconry birds? Doesn't falconry have enough anti's against it without adding this type of ammunition to their battle against us? What happened to ethics? Do any of you post photos of hunting baby bunnies? Prey still in downy feathers? I think it is completely out of hand to allow this to continue, no matter how "interesting" it may appear.
I have not seen this Alison if so some sick people about
Old 23-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Alison
Passage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
In some countries dogs are like feral pigeons. Lets not get emotional based on our cultural bias.

Rgds,
Jannes

Jannes, you know how much I respect you. This puppy thing defies all ethical values no matter what the prey is. Hunting baby anything and then glorifying it is wrong.